Mecklenburg County Analog Public Safety System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF-Burns

Can someone confirm or not that Charlotte Fire and Mecklenburg County Fire simulcast on this system or not? I pickup Fire Alarm but no operations and I don't hear anything for Mecklenburg County Fire.
I'm using my 536HP in Mooresville to monitor, but where I live I can pickup the analog system great but the P25 system I can hardly pickup.

yardbird

If things haven't changed.

I listened to them last Friday at work.

I listen to them all the time while at work and I work in sort of a valley and hear both dispatches fine.

I can still [ick up the county operations channels.. On some occasions I can pick up the city fire operations channels as will.

David

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Charlotte/Meck Analog

To answer your question, yes and no. The Alarm dispatching channel is still analog, and the Mecklenburg MEDIC EMS channels are working, but Charlotte Fire uses the Digital P25 system now so the only way to hear there Ops channels for Charlotte Fire is to listen to the P25 system, OR their online scanner feed on Broadcastify...

Can someone confirm or not that Charlotte Fire and Mecklenburg County Fire simulcast on this system or not? I pickup Fire Alarm but no operations and I don't hear anything for Mecklenburg County Fire.
I'm using my 536HP in Mooresville to monitor, but where I live I can pickup the analog system great but the P25 system I can hardly pickup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.