HP-2: Uniden Repair Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Upman,
I sent in my HP2 and was received by Uniden repair by Dom on March 15th. To date I have heard nothing and there isn't any info available on the Uniden website in reference to my scanner. The scanner was on my kitchen table and got knocked off while charging and broke out the plastic center section of the USB port causing the pins to not be aligned. I had included all my pertainent information including credit card but I am now getting worried as it has been almost a month. I have tried to call multiple times to no avail as I am always put on hold for hours. Could you look into this please. My name is Mike Stanton.

Thank You in advance for any help,
Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Status is on the repair status page: Repair

I used the phone number on file too look up, as I did not have the SRO. If that phone number was also used for credit card verification, it might cause some issues (including our inability to call you). (555-555-5555, but enter on the form w/no dashes).

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
I checked and there isnt anything on the status page with either of my phone numbers. The main number that should be used for cc verification is 610-966-3685.. The only other number I supplied is my cell phone and that number doesnt work either for status.

Thank You,
Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Did you check the status itself, using the info I provided? I'll forward your correct phone number to repair.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Upman,
I do not know what possible phone number could be on record other than the one I gave you and my cell phone. Neither of which work on the repair status information request. Maybe the number being used is the UPS store I went to send it from, but I have no idea what that was. I am sorry for the confusion and I am glad I asked the question as now maybe we can clear up the misinformation. Thank you for your help on this..

Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Use the phone number 5555555555 in the lookup.

I tried to cc you on my email to the person handling this using your "enter.net" address, but it bounced.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Thank You Upman,
My email was on the paper I sent in with the repair unit and is not the enter.net address. I dont even know where you got that from but the correct email is:
stantomj@airproducts.com

Also, I never did receive a card with the SRO and it may be because they have my city spelled wrong. It should be Macungie and not Macugie.. Everything else looks correct if you add my home phone number as I gave you before.. If they need anything at all, please dont hesitate to send me an email. Thank you again for all your help with this and I cant wait to receive the scanner.. Love that thing.....

Mike

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for letting me know where you got the email from. Guess I better get on there and change it.. Has to be at least 8 years since I have had that email.

The VP2 plus which I have is a phenomenal weather station. I have had this model since 2008 and not one single issue over the years except new batteries for the fans in the radiation shield. I never heard of the software you are using until I looked at your station. Looks very neat and has all of the important info. Thanks for the link Upman!

Mike

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Well I certainly did try every other method to contact Uniden about this matter and either I never had an email returned or could not get through on the phones. I also had all of the information on the forms filled in and correct, just guess it wasn't transferred to whatever they use for billing these repairs in a correct manner. While I had Paul, I ran with it in hopes of getting to the bottom of it and I can say I think things are straightened out. If there was a way I could delete all this I would, but do not see that option.

Mike

Blackink

The Uniden Tavern....

Interesting reading for sure. NOT

Shouldn't this be private correspondence?

Description:For general chit-chat and non-technical discussion specific to Uniden and does not fall within the above forum topics. This is not the forum to get technical advice from.

The OP & UPMan seem to be following the guidelines here.....

seh911

Feed Provider
I have a similar issue, as I cannot get through on the phone lines? Site says "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" for almost 2 weeks. Is this normal?

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
When I finally received my SRO number with Paul's help, my scanner had been in line for about the same two weeks. After getting through to Uniden, the reason it hadn't been shipped was they had copied the CC number incorrectly along with my home phone and address. I think it would have shipped alot sooner if they had copied the info correctly so I think the two weeks means they have some sort of problem with the billing on their end. Just a guess on my part, but I would think they want to get paid ASAP and that part doesn't happen until they ship.

Mike

seh911

Feed Provider
Thanks. Unfortunately I can't get through to find out. It just says we're too busy, and hangs up. Frustrating that my scanner is fixed and just sitting there.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
seh911: Do you have an SRO #? Otherwise, I'd need your last name/zip code to look anything up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.