BCD536HP in Infrastructure Mode w/RH-536HP mkII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravada

I have attempted to connect my BCD536HP to my wireless office network but it requires both a user name and password to log onto. I am suspecting that I cannot connect the scanner to a wirelsss "network" as opposed to just wifi?
Al

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I admit I have minimal knowledge about networks/wifi.

That said does your office show up when you go through the Set Connection steps on your scanner?

What I've seen is that you'll see a list of those wireless "things" detected by the scanner. Then once the desired one is selected, you'll need to select the type of security associated with the router and the router password.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If you need credentials other than a WiFi password/passphrase (i.e. once you connect you get a prompt for user/pass), it's unlikely the scanner will be able to work there, because there's no user interface to query for and send in that user/pass combo.

Gilligan

Database Admin
This is just an idea but if you have any ability to log into your office's router, you may be able to set up individual IP addresses or MAC addresses that pass the login filter so that you could set up your scanner to use that specific IP or pass the scanner's MAC to the router so it doesn't require the login. If your company uses a 3rd-party vendor for their networking, it may be worth passing your scanner's MAC to their tech support to see if they can make a quick change for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.