D-STAR Dongles/Access Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

JATO757

About 80% of my life involves traveling both US domestic and international and I have been researching options to keep me on the D-STAR system when I am not in range of a repeater. I thought I had my decision made with the DV-Mega, but numerous attempts to order one over the past few weeks have failed (emails, forum posts, order forms, etc.). I'm worried the lack of communication during the order process will translate to the support side should I need help, so I'm looking at other options; unfortunately with little luck.

I was wondering if someone could suggest a dongle/access point that consists of an all-in-one unit, one that is pretty much ready to go out of the box and can be thrown in a bag, backpack, center console, etc. without the fear of damage. Essentially I need one where the entire unit is encased. I would prefer a single unit as opposed to carrying a Pi and cables to connect it to a dongle as I already have to travel with a million cables and adapters.

Does anyone know if such an option exists?

Thanks!
N8PDX

iPad Air

N8OHU

I don't pack a computer with me, only an iPad.

iPhone 5s

Right now, the best all in one option for this is the D-HAP from Hardened Power Systems. It contains a Raspberry Pi, DVAP Dongle and a rechargeable power source; all of the normal external connections to the Raspberry Pi are brought to the outside, as is the antenna connector for the DVAP.

According to the Hardened Power Systems website, he would still need to supply the DVAP but that may be a good choice for an all in one solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.