Black Suburban

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE2XWA

I saw this black Suburban this morning on the 30 east near Montreal. Going really fast, all tinted windows with lots of antennas on the roof. Ontario plate on it.

Any idea what it is?

Dan

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429230178748.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429230178748.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,229

TheWarlock

How many antennas are there? I see one really big one but I think I am also seeing 3 others about the same hight? Is this correct?

Last edited:

VE2XWA

6 antenna total. 4 small and 2 tall. The tall one in back was moving like a "bubble head", the rest was fixed. None of the antenna was identical.

KB7MIB

Just throwing ideas out:

Federal/Military
Provincial
Amateur Radio Operator
Commercial Radio Shop/Radio Service Provider

John
Peoria, AZ

QDP2012

Just throwing ideas out:

Federal/Military
Provincial
Amateur Radio Operator
Commercial Radio Shop/Radio Service Provider

John
Peoria, AZ

Since I don't recall seeing roof-mounted luggage-racks on agency/corporate fleet-vehicles which are antenna-equipped, I'm guessing it's your third-choice -- a personally-owned vehicle, probably amateur radio operator.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
It looks a bit like the one they use for the President of the united states convoy secret service SUV Wonder is it is one for the Prime Minister but his plates would be Canada not Ontario. Could be some sort of CSEC field vehicle. Or a wacker lol

Mars_P25

Paid RR Supporter
Banned
Whoever it is sure likes to tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gary123

The drivers are very uncooperative and dont like pictures being taken. Go figure.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
IMO, It's probably a whacker.

No government agency that I have seen , nor a radio communication company would install antennas on a roof rack.

Not very good practice , or a very good ground plane for the antenna.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
The antennas look similar to those on some humvees in Iraq and Afghanistan, maybe radio blocking or comm? I would guess the antennas coupled with roof rack says it's a temp setup and at the time of pic was in service. I would guess federal rcmp or military. My 2 cents

mlmummert

Could it be a cell phone carrier measuring signals in different areas?

I don't think this is government given the Ontario plate and primitive installation.

JoeyC

My guess is a poor photoshopped image. The fat "antennas" aren't even aligned nicely. The big guy is at a different angle than the others. And why obscure the license?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I say a whacker.

They look like wide band military antennas. The spring bases seem to suggest that too.

A true military vehicle likely wouldn't be a consumer suburban. I could be wrong, but it looks like a 1/2 ton suburban, too. Most vehicles I've seen like that used by government are 3/4 ton.

The roof rack mounting is suspect. Again, screams "WHACKER". Real men drill holes. Government drills holes. Real installers drill holes. People who have jobs that depend on radios drill holes. People whose lives depend on radios drill holes. Throwing a sheet of aluminum across the luggage rack because you are worried about resale value, your wife forbidding it, or just not having the cajones to do it right, screams hobbyist/Wacker.

Might be interesting to search the HamSexy site and see if this guys shows up.

I doubt it's a cellular company drive test vehicle, the antennas are not suitable for the cellular bands.

Driving fast with a bunch of novelty oversized/phallic antennas with zero attempt to blend in doesn't suggest any sort of covert/secret squirrel/low profile. Looks like the Whacker Patrol out yelling "Hey, look at me!"

Status
Not open for further replies.