503 - Service Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Good morning Admins,

In case you might be interested...

Currently, and for the past several hours, the Forums/Wiki server(s) are/have been throwing a lot of "503 Service Unavailable / No server is available to handle this request." errors. Occasionally, after repeated attempts and a long wait, the Forums/Wiki page will load; most of the time the error message is returned. This is true for all Forums/Wiki pages not any one specific page, and is true regardless of browser.

The DB server is quick and responsive, as are all other non-RR websites I try.

Hope this helps,

R

retiredmich

Yes I notice that also , but now it is OK. Thanks for fixing the problem.

QDP2012

Thank you for your continued efforts to keep things running smoothly.

The problem started again in the last hour or so; but this time the 503 happened on not just the Forums/Wiki server, but on the RR homepage and the DB page as well. It also is logging out between screen refreshes which it does not normally do..

Thanks,

QDP2012

Working fine for me and I have been on Home, Forums, DB and Broadcastify constantly since 11 PM.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad it's not a wide-spread problem.

Since RR Admins employ a load-balancing system, maybe the problem involves only one physical server that I am unfortunate enough to encounter. It seems that there were no posts to the forums for almost an hour prior to my reporting this incident. That might be coincidence, or cause-and-effect; only the admins will be able to clarify that point, I think.

Hopefully, the issue will be easy for them to detect and solve. The servers are responding better now.

Edit: I should also clarify that I, too, was using the DB, Forums, and Wiki without any problems, over several hours, until the hour preceding my previous post. So, from my perspective, the problem appeared only in the last hour or so, not earlier.

Last edited:
R

retiredmich

I also am having trouble with TODAYS POST, when I click on it & it goes to a blank screen, then I have to go back & try again, it will come up BUT very slow. Just FYI !

Status
Not open for further replies.