Calfire & Heartland Fire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok someone told me that Heartland FD is having some kind of issue,s, with there dispatch policy ??,Why I ask this ? Is because I'm hearing more Calfire M/A dispatches into the city of El Cajon,Lakeside,Santee and all the other area's that Heartland FD give service to,I can't remember hearing this much M/A in the past so does anybody know any info on this.Thanks All

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I suspect what you are hearing is the dispatch of San Miguel FPD resources into the Heartland areas under Automatic Aid (the 'closest resource' concept). SMG used to be dispatched by Heartland, so the ongoing operations wouldn't have been as obvious. CalFire took over operations management of the District, so the dispatch point moved over to MVU.

PaulNDaOC

If CalFire is responding more often into Heartland jurisdiction it would be due to a written auto-aid agreement the two agencies made with each other, and not because an issue with dispatch policy.

SCPD

QRT
Well the last few dispatches I have heard are for Broadway @ Mollison,Fletcher Parkway @ Johnson,2nd st @ Broadway,Bradley @ Mollison,There has been others but I don't recall,So these are the area's I have been hearing Calfire going to for med aids and T/A,I can't see this being in San Maguel area this is deep into the city El Cajon

Status
Not open for further replies.