Confused about Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

knockout_tx

I have a BCD 436 HP, and am putting on favorites using Sentinel. Do I have to put the Sites on there as well or can I leave them off to shorten my list.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to Uniden Software Discussion forum as this is not a database issue.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD 436 HP, and am putting on favorites using Sentinel. Do I have to put the Sites on there as well or can I leave them off to shorten my list.

Only if you want to hear anything :)

Yes , but you only need the appropriate ones, closest, strongest, the ones you want to monitor, etc. Sites contain the frequencies and structure - all the rest is just the talk groups.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Kinda like groceries stores and milk. Milk (talkgroups) is what you want and grocery stores (sites) are where it comes from.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It may be easier re-creating your Favorites List file if it is small.

If not you could go to the database part of Sentinel, select the systems you wish and append them to the existing Favorites List. You may have duplicate departments which can be deleted.

knockout_tx

I deleted and tried again. The sites on the Pro25, are the same as the Motorola...... Is that my problem why they won't append to my favorites?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you have multiple Favorites Lists, it is easy to inadvertently append "stuff" to FL "B" when you really wanted them to go to FL "A".

You may check and see if that hasn't happened.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I can't see why it would be an issue if you are creating the Favorites List by grabbing the stuff in the full database. It all should be appended to the scanner.

Now if you are manually adding sites, that could be an issue, but the need to do that would be rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.