Lakewood PD Encrypted Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening for an hour now and Lakewood PD is using channel 1. They have been 100% encrypted. Is this temporary, or have we lost another one?

bailly2

don't know. the input frequency is 458.325 so you'll know if something is happening nearby

elias1988

Feed Provider
Sounds like channel 1 and 3 is encrypted,I did hear one unit in the clear before on 1. They like to switch their primary dispatch channel around at times so hopefully this is temporary.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Lakewood NJ Police

At some point last year, Lakewood PD did a radio upgrade to include (secure) encryption capabilities. They have up until this point used it very selectively. I'm not sure if they are using it full time now or if it was just a temporary use.

scannersnstuff

don't know. the input frequency is 458.325 so you'll know if something is happening nearby

nope, if the output is encrypted, so is the input. that way, the tech savvy drug dealers/gang bangerrs still can't hear em' coming.

it's a shame. they were a golden listening target in a overly encrypted county. although i did not listen to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed channel 3 has been encrypted, but dispatch and units have been in the clear on CH 2 forever. I guess we will have to listen and see what's up.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

nope, if the output is encrypted, so is the input. that way, the tech savvy drug dealers/gang bangerrs still can't hear em' coming.

I believe the point was you would at least know if they were close, even though you couldn't hear what they were saying...but I could be wrong.

elias1988

Feed Provider
The Lakewood Police Dispatchers this week temporarily moved their headquarters – and permanently some systems – to the Office of Emergency Management building as their headquarters gets renovated, Police Chief Rob Lawson says.
The current dispatch room, located within the Police Headquarters at the Municipal Building, is being expanded to host additional dispatchers, as well as upgraded systems for more efficient services, the Chief says.

The Lakewood Scoop » PHOTOS: LPD Dispatchers move to OEM as Headquarters is Expanded; OEM to Soon Serve as Emergency Dispatch Center for Lakewood » The heartbeat of the lakewood community

Status
Not open for further replies.