WESTAR System ID changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I'm in Manhattan KS tonight watching 937.475 99% M36 cc signal on my PSR600 id'ing as site 38 which checks to WESTAR in Manhattan. Makes sense.

2 Oddities: the SID reports as 5F33 NOT the 4033 in the database. Looking up 5F33 in the database this reports to OneOK - has there been a merger? Also the site ID shows as STGHLL - which could be Stagg Hill as that is where RR shows the transmitter.

Does the database keep track of these 6 character siteID's?
w

R

retiredmich

I be leave you have to post the changes, I did that for the Leavenworth, Ks Animal Control ( DEC # change ), they intern will do the changing & post it.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I be leave you have to post the changes, I did that for the Leavenworth, Ks Animal Control ( DEC # change ), they intern will do the changing & post it.

I've made dozens of submissions, I was looking for a local to verify if OneOK and Westar are joined

w

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Hi Wally

I checked the DB for the Westar & ONE OK.

KS Gas is a ONE OK company.

Westar is its own entity, as so far as FCC the Manhattan site is still licensed by Westar.

ONe OK has cancelled all their 900 Mhz licenses they maintain a slew of MAS and UHF freqs in OK.

Kansas Gas at one time leased space on the Westar system statewide and was tied to KC/Tulsa/Topeka/Wichita 900 systems. as for the syst ID showing One OK that is strange since those licenses have been let go. Unless Westar bought up all of OneOK gear for spares... but who knows.

The KCPL and Westar 900's in metro KC has shut down mostly.

With Type II on the way out you could have a old OK spare installed and working....out there in Manhattan KS.

YMMV as I am only speculating at this point

If there is a Radio tech for Westar or One OK on the list that could comment....

HH

Status
Not open for further replies.