San Antonio Fiesta 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It appears that Fiesta operations are being conducted on the mutual aid channels on the EDACS system. All details are using Mutual Aid 16 through 31 for various details.

Has anyone determined the breakdown for operations (NIOSA, Oyster Bake, Carnival etc?)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
More details on this.

AID-16 through 19 appear to be EMS/Medical operations at various Fiesta events.

AID-23 through 31 appear to be Law Enforcement and Traffic ops.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I guess with a large majority of other agencies using the system now the Aid groups can be used for a lot more of these events. I remember the PD traffic channel was used for the carnival and downtown fiesta ops and a couple of the event channels were used at NIOSA a few years back.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Just confirmed through a PD friend that they are using 2-A Traffic for the Carnival and Market Square area and 2-B for Parades. Aid channels are used for outside of downtown events.

Silas3

I'm picking up Mutual Aid 32 for what sounds like Law Enforcement along the parade route and Mutual Aid 18 with what sounds like EMS during the Fiesta Flambeau night parade.

Also some people forget that there's some Fiesta related activity to be heard through the UTSA channels on the system (tonight they are using their Tac-3 channel downtown - listed as TAC-2 in the RR database).

Viva Fiesta!

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Also UTSA needs to be updated in general. the main campus talk groups are not listed at all and they have been on the city system for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.