643E Sites - Bruin Point and Bald Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

Does anyone have current info on these sites in Carbon/Emery/Grand Counties? There is no listing in the RRDB but both sites are broadcasting as I have heard traffic on them last year but my old program crashed since then. Thanks.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Not bruin it's still not on yet, however I'm aware that Bald Mesa and Abajo are on, but Bald Mesa I don't have a site # yet.. Bruin is licensed but not operational I will be able to hear it when it comes online. Cedar mountain is online and all these use zone 2. Ford uses Zone 1.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm constantly searching for new sites especially on the 800 MHz, as soon as something changes I will post it here. Price is using 800 all the time but it's being simulcasted with VHF and usually can only here dispatch on the 800 unless a trooper switches to their 800 radio.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yes but what we need is the site info, site # ,system ID, etc.. Then we can submit it to the DB. Thanks for your help on the CC, also do you have info on the alt CC? Do you live close enough to hear it? I'm in Price, not quite close enough to hear it.

Yes but what we need is the site info, site # ,system ID, etc.. Then we can submit it to the DB. Thanks for your help on the CC, also do you have info on the alt CC? Do you live close enough to hear it? I'm in Price, not quite close enough to hear it.

That's all the info I have on it sorry, I was working in Moab a couple years ago and just remember the CC freq

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is going to Moab and can get more info on the Sites down there then we can submit it to the DB, also Price Dispatch is using South East Regional this Morning, idk why.

If Bruin Peak Does go online I believe it will be controlled by Vernal Dispatch and not Price Dispatch.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Carbon and Emery counties are streamed, there is an accident east of Wellington, so anyone headed to Moab through Wellington may be diverted..

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Last time I was in Moab they hadn't got the control channel up yet, I only knew it was licensed, no 800 MHz frequencies could be picked up in downtown Moab . But the trip getting there Abajo could be picked up , then u lose it once u enter Moab .

Junior1970

851.7500 is still the control channel and the only voice freq that was active was 853.4625 because other than the Classic Air TG found (17504) was UHP South (19744) that was coming across so I locked it out to hear other local Moab/Grand/San Juan traffic on VHF and search for TG's

I do not have a scanner that shows site numbers or don't know how to find them because that has not been a pressing issue on my monitoring side of things I suppose.

Last edited:

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Just price dispatch since it runs uhp for the 4 counties and it's a state channel they run 800 but it's not a primary thing, they still use VHF as their primary communications.

ww7y

Spent the last few days in Moab. Bald Mesa UCAN site is humming away, with no traffic heard. UHP units in the area were on Bald Mesa VHF. Grand county, San Juan county, and Moab PD were on their VHF channels. System was 643E site ID 024.

Looks like UCAN is available but no one is buying the hardware to change over....at least not yet. The UHP units that were in Moab should have the radios as they are using UCAN in Carbon/Emery, but they were on VHF. There were also some bike patrol officers on Main Street Friday and
Saturday night. Didn't get close enough to ID them, but West Valley PD has helped in previous years. If they were on their UCAN radios, they were probable on talk-around simplex.

That is a good question, will the 7202 system radios work on the 643E system? Are there links between the two?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Cedar Emery is 643E and Ford Carbon is 7202, so I'm sure it interchanges.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
The License for both Bald and Bruin Show active as of 4/10/15

So I wonder if Bruin is next

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Both the TG info for 17504 Classic Air Helicopter and Site info for Bald Mesa site 24 has been submitted, thanks for the info...

Status
Not open for further replies.