Motorola Type II SmartZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibler

Feed Provider
How can you get this system for Oklahoma? "Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) Motorola --- Motorola Type II SmartZone"
Can a BCD996xt scanner be programed to pick up this system? Thanks

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Have you read the manual? Also look in the wiki. I believe the easier to read manuals are there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterjmag

Kibler,
The nearest site to you is in Gore, Oklahoma. Between you and the hills of AR, and SE OK I doubt you can her it unless you have a quality antenna up real high and even then its' almost doubtful you will hear it do the P25 signal is all or nothing. You might just stick with more local options i.e. Crawford County.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I doubt you can her it unless you have a quality antenna up real high and even then its' almost doubtful you will hear it do the P25 signal is all or nothing.

Motorola Type II Smartnet is analog trunking. It's not P25.

n5bew1

The nearest tower site to Van Buren, AR would be Gore, OK. That is a P-25 only site. That could be quite the trick to get a signal from Gore.

kibler

Feed Provider
Thanks for your help peterjmag! I guess I was just wanting to see some basic example of a file structure like you would use with FreeScan! Thanks

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Will be P25 before too long as the upgrade progresses. Remember, Smart Zone is being discontinued by Motorola as is Smart Net. Moving up to ASTRO 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.