Anyone else affilcted with I.B.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pretty disgusting disease. Struck me again, just when I thought I was getting over it.

"I Buy Scanners" - don't get near me, I'm contagious. (Two weeks, four scanners)

mancow

Database Admin
No idea what you're talking about.

IouxBGfl.jpg

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I've had SAS (Scanner Acquisition Syndrome) for many years now. There is no known cure.

wtp

myself...

1 at all times
7 at home
8 when the girlfriend gets home.
it is only a waste of money if you don't use it !

DJ11DLN

I have 4 digital trunkers and several older conventional/analog ones...and yet I find myself looking for more! I caught myself yesterday trying to figure out how I could mount one on my lawn mower in such a way that it would survive the dirt and vibration.:roll: Yep, incurable!:lol:

_Wilson_

Premium Subscriber
Yes sir, i agree great string, i haven't added a scanner to my atv, yet, but when i have to haul firewood i put my hand held ina ziplock bag, but a plastic inclosure would be a great idea for a perm mounted radio.

Thanks

DJ11DLN

I know someone who has a 396xt mounted on their golf cart. Maybe there's hope, I'm not quite to that point just yet!:cool:

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I'm recovering from it. I used to have over 30 handhelds alone, with about a dozen mobile/base radios. So many of them were, well, horrible for one reason or another. Some were great, but without digital and trunking, semi useless, except if there was some kind of big disaster. I still look on Ebay for some of the ones I had and some I didn't have, but I don't buy them anymore.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I am a retired physician. The IBS we docs are familiar with is "irritable bowel syndrome." That is sometimes curable, with different treatment, diet, etc. The scanner IBS is incurable. Believe me, I have tried to heal myself to no avail. The list below is just a few of my scanners and radios. If I started listing every amateur radio I had or have, would be a mighty long signature.
Forget it folks. Incurable. Period.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
BTW Evil Lithium Man, I grew up in Chula Vista in the late 50s and early 60s. Got my first ham license as WN6DQX in 1962 in 8th grade at Chula Vista Junior High.
Steve

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
If you suffer from IBS (I Buy Scanners) like millions of other Americans, I have great news - there IS a cure: Divorce.

Divorce works by targeting the source of IBS - your wallet. It cleans out any spare (and even not-so-spare) money it finds in your wallet, bank accounts, couch cushions and dresser drawers. Divorce quickly rids you of excess, needless property such as your house, car and other valuables. Most patients who tried Divorce reported that even years after trying Divorce for the first time, they will probably never be able to afford a scanner again!

Side effects are generally mild and include frequent court hearings, irritation, anxiety, paper cuts and a sudden loss of disposable income. Patients with children may experience additional frustration with their local Child Support Enforcement Office, who can never seem to touch anything without completely screwing it up (and you over). Patients who find themselves marrying repeatedly may become dependent on Divorce. In rare cases, serious financial problems and homelessness have occurred that were attributed to Divorce. Use only as directed.

Ready to stop buying scanners and other expensive toys? Ask your lawyer if Divorce is right for you! :lol:

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.