JAVA / laptop controll program

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

FYI, got my lap top back from my computer people, & they told me that the program ( JAVA ) that runs my Lap Computer would mess up trying to program SOFT WARE to program any Police Scanner. being some users on RR have complained about haveing problems with their scanner after programing their scanner using their computer, So may be the computer program is causing the problem?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
FYI, got my lap top back from my computer people, & they told me that the program ( JAVA ) that runs my Lap Computer would mess up trying to program SOFT WARE to program any Police Scanner. being some users on RR have complained about haveing problems with their scanner after programing their scanner using their computer, So may be the computer program is causing the problem?

If I were you, I would be looking for some new computer repair people. VERY quickly.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
JAVA

While I do not like Java trying to install the ASK malware during an update, I have had no problems with it and any of my programming software. DMR decode is written in Java. As was said, find a new computer service. I have been repairing computers and teaching since the Commodore Vic 20, and I have never had a problem from Java, especially as you describe your experience.

R

retiredmich

Well to begin with i have NEVER used ANY software to program my scanner's ALL WAYS do it manually, i dont TRUST software. My computer people were JUST advising me to be aware of the JAVA program.

D

DaveNF2G

Java is an operating system offshoot that your computer repair people evidently don't understand.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge, none of the programming software I have use Java, but I'm not 100% certain as I type this. Having said that, I've never had ANY issues with any of the software I use to program any of my radios.
Well, other than problems that originate between the seat and the keyboard!

R

retiredmich

Jimru, HA HA that's good about the " between the seat & keyboard". I have never used software don't know if I know how to use it. I program scanner's for friend's as a hobby. Have a Good one.

CapStar362

Java is an operating system offshoot that your computer repair people evidently don't understand.

they DEFINITELY do not understand Java one bit. that particular JAVA program is safe.

your "computer people" may i ask who that is? they need a closure of the store or whatever, sounds like they are no better than Geek"ed-up" Squad or most other stores that simply want $$$ for half assed repairs if that even.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Haha. Never seen any java in the programming software.

Lame-0 tech excuse # 6:

"We have determined your issue is related to a bad implementation of (insert applet, software, ISP, etc.). There is nothing we can do, please pay $150 for diagnostic and virus cleaning"

Status
Not open for further replies.