• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BaofengRadio.us - Where the ".us" deceives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Observer411

First right off the bat - BaofengRadio.us has a location in Houston, TX but there is an interesting back trail on where there money is coming from and what it is funding.

Baofengradio.us is owned and operated by Foscam.us. When I could never get any responses or warranty help on a BF-F9v2+ from emails I sent on their website (both of them); it was time to get investigating! In what I find below I will not go into what 'other businesses' have claimed as they have an obvious conflict of interest.

First came their BBB Page - it appears the only way to resolve things with them is to file a complaint - in which they will finally resolve refunds and repairs that they advertise (41 complaints is no small number) : ---http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/computers-supplies-and-parts/foscam-digital-technologies-llc-in-houston-tx-90018826/ --- in comparison other radio companies have around 3 or less. Including large brick and motor stores like Ham Radio Outlet - to online Shops like Radio-mart.net

These are complaints that take someone time to file with the BBB against Foscam.us most with the same story of unanswered help or support.

Next came the Management search on LinkedIn - which was easy to find the Managing Director (basic term for Owner in LLC Corps): https://www.linkedin.com/pub/abdurahman-adam-ravat/2a/6b/986 - Mr Abdurahman Ravat

Googling the Information from "Abdurahman (Adam) Ravat and Foscam" it appears the other partner is "Yusuf Ravat"

Some more Googling and Abdurahman (Adam) Ravat has quite the portfolio associated with him Ravat Trading LLC in Houston TX - Company Profile - including many pointless family 'shell corporations' and a freight company.

Next to the Facebook research, pulling up their main company webpage you can search for employees of Foscam: https://www.facebook.com/search/334157603335437/employees - and wouldn't you know this US company has an all-star line-up; and not so many 'smiths' or 'jones"'on their roster either to be blunt.

So now to find "Abdurahman" or "Yusuf" from here - which is easy, click on an employee search of their friends and up pops "Yusuf Ravat" - so the dots of who is behind baofengradio.us is all coming together.

Now I do not intend to be disrespectful to anyone or nationality - but for my own patriotic sake it disturbs the fire out of me the employees connected to Pakistan and Pakistani ideologies - are masquerading ".us" websites. Now I understand that most of the money is going to China, but to see that what little profit funds are now linking to the Middle east gives me a bit of chill; and the multitude of empty shell corporations with no legitimate reason linked to the owners gives the mind some fantasy on what the profits from radio sales and cameras are going to.

Viewers that enjoy "American Greed" will most likely see this "hero" soon on the next episode with all the signs of money laundering and red flags going on!

Now I will not say with definite promise this is a 'scam' as found on the web - but I am not risking my money to fund questionable businesses or business practices. There are many other sellers I can buy from without very shady backlogs.

I believe my lack of "warranty support" and the high level of BBB complaints - were enough to avoid these guys. But adding to the waters the murky shell companies and you are getting close to shady territories that I am uncomfortable dealing with.

You can take the information as you want to but I am not supporting this company or it's eBay, Amazon, and other aliases.

Observer411

More interesting info I got from the Yahoo! Group Guys:

"R Pryor MAEd CETsr
Message 2 of 8 , Apr 23 4:40 PM

This might be what I was told from Chinese wholesalers about various dealers operating here in the USA (EB-5 visa) you can look up those post of mine. The problem is they told me it was BaofengTech, I think that was an error. It looks like it is more directed towards the group you mentioned below.

Also most likely they were referring to the group you mentioned along with the fact it is also operated by Chinese too- as a joint venture.

No matter who operates it, if the service is not good and having the USA flag waved under a EB-5 biz setup is not good as it is full of fraud.

DHS is in charge of this nightmare program and around in my area it is used as visa scams for getting Green Cards with no oversight-."

prcguy

Disregarding the company BBB complaints for a moment, why does someones name have to associate their profits going off shore, or worse, to possible Muslim insurgents in Pakistan as you seem to hint.

I have no idea who the owners of the company are but what if the Ravat family happened to be Christians who escaped from whatever country a generation ago and are now US Citizens?

What if two brothers Adam and Yusuf went to college and now want to run an import business with their new degrees in business and they happen to like radios just like us? Maybe their just bad at running a business like most people.

If you owned a company would you staff it with friends or family within a narrow human profile like yourself, or would you seek out people with appearance or customs outside your "comfort zone"? We all tend to associate and are most comfortable with people just like us, its just human nature,

Do you have any specific information that actually points to something disturbing or are you basing all your assumptions purely on some names that don't sound like typical middle America white toast?
prcguy

BTW, I am very white toast with no crust......

First right off the bat - BaofengRadio.us has a location in Houston, TX but there is an interesting back trail on where there money is coming from and what it is funding.

Baofengradio.us is owned and operated by Foscam.us. When I could never get any responses or warranty help on a BF-F9v2+ from emails I sent on their website (both of them); it was time to get investigating! In what I find below I will not go into what 'other businesses' have claimed as they have an obvious conflict of interest.

First came their BBB Page - it appears the only way to resolve things with them is to file a complaint - in which they will finally resolve refunds and repairs that they advertise (41 complaints is no small number) : ---http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/computers-supplies-and-parts/foscam-digital-technologies-llc-in-houston-tx-90018826/ --- in comparison other radio companies have around 3 or less. Including large brick and motor stores like Ham Radio Outlet - to online Shops like Radio-mart.net

These are complaints that take someone time to file with the BBB against Foscam.us most with the same story of unanswered help or support.

Next came the Management search on LinkedIn - which was easy to find the Managing Director (basic term for Owner in LLC Corps): https://www.linkedin.com/pub/abdurahman-adam-ravat/2a/6b/986 - Mr Abdurahman Ravat

Googling the Information from "Abdurahman (Adam) Ravat and Foscam" it appears the other partner is "Yusuf Ravat"

Some more Googling and Abdurahman (Adam) Ravat has quite the portfolio associated with him Ravat Trading LLC in Houston TX - Company Profile - including many pointless family 'shell corporations' and a freight company.

Next to the Facebook research, pulling up their main company webpage you can search for employees of Foscam: https://www.facebook.com/search/334157603335437/employees - and wouldn't you know this US company has an all-star line-up; and not so many 'smiths' or 'jones"'on their roster either to be blunt.

So now to find "Abdurahman" or "Yusuf" from here - which is easy, click on an employee search of their friends and up pops "Yusuf Ravat" - so the dots of who is behind baofengradio.us is all coming together.

Now I do not intend to be disrespectful to anyone or nationality - but for my own patriotic sake it disturbs the fire out of me the employees connected to Pakistan and Pakistani ideologies - are masquerading ".us" websites. Now I understand that most of the money is going to China, but to see that what little profit funds are now linking to the Middle east gives me a bit of chill; and the multitude of empty shell corporations with no legitimate reason linked to the owners gives the mind some fantasy on what the profits from radio sales and cameras are going to.

Viewers that enjoy "American Greed" will most likely see this "hero" soon on the next episode with all the signs of money laundering and red flags going on!

Now I will not say with definite promise this is a 'scam' as found on the web - but I am not risking my money to fund questionable businesses or business practices. There are many other sellers I can buy from without very shady backlogs.

I believe my lack of "warranty support" and the high level of BBB complaints - were enough to avoid these guys. But adding to the waters the murky shell companies and you are getting close to shady territories that I am uncomfortable dealing with.

You can take the information as you want to but I am not supporting this company or it's eBay, Amazon, and other aliases.

Last edited:

Voyager

Because some people 'have' to find issue with this company for any reason they can think of. Great points, prc.

Observer411

Disregarding the company BBB complaints for a moment, why does someones name have to associate their profits going off shore, or worse, to possible Muslim insurgents in Pakistan as you seem to hint.

I have no idea who the owners of the company are but what if the Ravat family happened to be Christians who escaped from whatever country a generation ago and are now US Citizens?

What if two brothers Adam and Yusuf went to college and now want to run an import business with their new degrees in business and they happen to like radios just like us? Maybe their just bad at running a business like most people.

Do you have any specific information that actually points to something disturbing or are you basing all your assumptions purely on some names that don't sound like typical middle America white toast?
prcguy

BTW, I am very white toast with no crust......

Calling themselves a US company when their Facebook pages clearly can show that it is not .us based was the issue. I frankly do not care who they 'worship'

The issue is not about religion or what languages they speak (Facebook pages of employees also gives more insight there) - this issue is a business that claims to be able to offer support does not - and as for their business passion; it is obviously importing low cost chinese items for resell without support (mainly Foscam stuff) to which many camera purchasers have the same lack of support issues on the web.

As for their lack of any help assisting with the warranty work or replacement (or even a refund) (from a radio I bought right off their website (the BF-F9v2+)) or even replying to my emails was enough to see that I should have never trusted them.

Finally why so many shell companies? Of the 6 registered only 2 appear to actually exist or do business.

EDIT: I am not implying that the companies are funding illegal activities overseas BTW, I am more assuming the common day practice of tax evasion or practices along those lines

I am a basic enthusiast and if you are going to offer support on a purchase then please do

Last edited:

Titan520

Finally why so many shell companies? Of the 6 registered only 2 appear to actually exist or do business.

EDIT: I am not implying that the companies are funding illegal activities overseas BTW, I am more assuming the common day practice of tax evasion or practices along those lines

I am a basic enthusiast and if you are going to offer support on a purchase then please do

You wanted unregulated capitalism. You got unregulated capitalism. Can we really judge someone (immigrant or american) for taking advantage of a corrupted system? Normal US business practices would get you locked up for decades in Europe.

Immoral is not equal to illegal. Tax avoidance, might not be illegal, but its immoral. Sadly you can punish people for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.