VCFD frequency update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have been wondering for the past few days if there is an update for the Ventura County Fire Department scanner frequency. It seems like there is some what a change but not sure, can someone please confirm?

photojournal4

Premium Subscriber
It looks like VCFD flipped around a few of their channels but the frequencies are the same.

From the database and listening to the radio:

Command 8 has been switched to Command 2 and vice versa. Command 2 is east command and Command 8 is brush command now.

Tac 9 is now Tac 3 and vice versa. Tac 3 is east county tactical and Tac 9 is brush tactical.

I don't know why and if there are any more changes coming. Maybe someone else can explain that?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
We received an updated frequency plan and will work to get Db updated - most likely in the coming week.

Thanks for your patience.

SCPD

QRT
Is there a frequency for VCFD air ops? Such as air to air and air to dispatch. I already have the air to ground frequency

photojournal4

Premium Subscriber
Blake21,

There is no separate frequency for the air unit. They use the VCFD channels when working for the fire department and the VCSO channels when working for the sheriff. They only have four copters at the moment and rarely have two up at the same time.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Air to Air is 129.95
Copter to SAR Medic (when they hoist someone down or offload the medic) is 155.16 (pl 100.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.