How do you program a pro 651?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtitus07

Easiest way I have found is using software, I prefer win500 but ARC500 seems to work well also. This gives you more of a user friendly spreadsheet format to add and edit. Plus, if you are a RR subscriber, you can download the info straight from the database and don't have to do a lot of searching.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This article from our wiki - note that anything blue is a link - has links to almost everything you will need to know. Note that the 651 is a rebadged Pro-106 - in other words, anything written about the 106 will almost certainly apply to the 651

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

I think you'll find that you will need to purchase a USB cable along with software and a subscription - so you can download data from our database - but there's an article in the above for those that want to do it manually. There's also a link to the Easier to Read manual which may also be helpful

GL...Mike

LarrySC

In my area the 106/651 is very popular. Even tho I program them for profit, I suggest if you are in another area, try to find someone who will let you clone their unit. This way you have a working program to backload into WIN500. Trying to build a program from zero could take a lifetime. The other way is to use WIN500 to downlod from the RR database. I've found lots of tricks to programming 106/651. They have a very large learing curve. Good Luck. larryscan@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.