DSD+ Capacity+ distinguishing systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I have entered the relevant information for a local UHF Capacity Plus system into the DSDPlus.frequencies file and it works very well. I have searched out another system and want to add it to the file, but I'm wondering how DSD+ would be able to tell which system it is monitoring.

There is a 3-character Network ID field, but I don't think Cap+ transmits such an ID. Would it be possible (in the current version or a future one) to enter the color code into that field and have the software use that to distinguish among systems?

D

DaveNF2G

It's in the DSDPlus directory.

EDIT

I realized that answer might be accurate but less than helpful for someone who does not have such a file. Here is what mine contains:

Code:
; DSD+ frequency file
;
; line format:
;
;  protocol, network ID, site number, OTA channel number, TX frequency, RX frequency, sort order
;
;
;   use site number = 0 for network-wide definition
;
;   use 0.0 for unknown frequencies
;
;   use sort order = 0 to sort by OTA channel number
;
;
; protocols:
;
;  D-Star
;  IDAS
;  NEXEDGE48
;  NEXEDGE96
;  dPMR
;  DMR
;  Cap+
;  Con+
;  P25
;  ProVoice

; example

Con+, 717, 1, 1, 454.61250, 459.61250, 1
Cap+, 000, 0, 1, 463.82500, 468.82500, 0
Cap+, 000, 0, 2, 463.82500, 468.82500, 0
Cap+, 000, 0, 3, 463.31250, 468.31250, 0
Cap+, 000, 0, 4, 463.31250, 468.31250, 0
Cap+, 000, 0, 5, 463.43750, 468.43750, 0
Cap+, 000, 0, 6, 463.43750, 468.43750, 0
;Con+, 123, 1, 5, 451.00000, 0.0, 3

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David
Maybe I'm not understand your original thread, but by entering frequencies in this file will allow you to san a Capacity Plus system?
How do you scan al of the frequencies? what software are you using?

vince48

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Considering there are only 16 color codes I don't think that would be a very accurate way of identifying systems. Maybe if you only scan a few systems from one location, but that's about it.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks David
Maybe I'm not understand your original thread, but by entering frequencies in this file will allow you to san a Capacity Plus system?
How do you scan al of the frequencies? what software are you using?

vince48

It doesn't allow you to scan anything... That's still done via your tapped radio or dongle. The file is simply a means of displaying the system frequencies while you are watching the activity

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
If you use SDR# with the frequency manager+Scanner plugin, you can "scan" multiple freqs within a CAP+ system, so that DSD+ is always getting an active DMR signal. Obviously this is NOT trunk tracking. There is currently no software which actually uses the Capacity Plus or Connect Plus trunking protocols. Hopefully such a feature is under development...

D

DaveNF2G

The comments so far are absolutely correct. The .frequencies file only enables DSD+ to display information about the DMR frequencies being received. However, as I can scan at least two multifrequency DMR systems, I am wondering if DSD+ can tell the systems apart when the only information in the file that is distinctive is the frequency list.

DSDPlus

We are in the process of implementing Cap+ trunk voice following with user-assigned pseudo-NIDs for Cap+ systems. The suggested NID is the system's RR DB page number negated.

If the software providing the rest channel signal passes the rest channel frequency to DSD+, DSD+ can look up the system in the DSDPlus.frequencies file by matching the rest channel frequency to a Cap+ system frequency entry and then use a DVB-T device to tune to active voice channels.

DSD+ will also be sending tuning commands to the rest channel tuner to follow the hopping rest channel.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Man that is great. I know I shouldn't, but I'm compelled to ask Sir, How long we will have to wait? Just a modest, honest hint would do.

vince48

D

DaveNF2G

Is there any chance of integrating such functionality into Unitrunker? I understand that you are not the Unitrunker developer and might not even be in touch with him. Just asking. :)

DSDPlus

Is there any chance of integrating such functionality into Unitrunker? I understand that you are not the Unitrunker developer and might not even be in touch with him. Just asking. :)
DMR decoding and voice following in Unitrunker would be up to the Unitrunker developer. It would not involve DSD+.

Status
Not open for further replies.