• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

boafeng f8+ firmware versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohtse

We have 4 of these radios and use chirp to program them..

We wanted to keep the setups Identical buthave found an annoying issue. though all 4 radios are on FW 297 there are 3 sub versions to this!!! is there away to have them all on the same sub version thus allowing us to have ONE primary img for all radios??

thank you

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
We have 4 of these radios and use chirp to program them..

We wanted to keep the setups Identical buthave found an annoying issue. though all 4 radios are on FW 297 there are 3 sub versions to this!!! is there away to have them all on the same sub version thus allowing us to have ONE primary img for all radios??

thank you

1 Create a single "master" image
2 Download from the "target" radio that you want to program to create a tab in CHIRP
3 Import the "master" image into the tab for the "target" radio
4 Upload to the "target" radio

To "import" an image file click "File" in the menu bar and then click "Import" in the menu that appears. Click the button that says "CHIRP Files (*.chirp)" and select "CHIRP Radio Images (*.img)" from the drop-down menu. Find the "master" image and load it. Make any changes in the "Import From File" dialog that appears (if any) and click [Ok] to import them into the selected tab.

This works across differing firmware version, radio models and radio brands. I program the channels inr my UV-82, BF-F8HP, Wouxun, Leixen and Anytone radios with my UV-5R image.

Jim KC9HI

lohtse

Already had done that but that doesn't transfer settings as well... hence my question about the actual firmware...

lohtse

what I require is same actual firmware per radio not three different ones... this then allows any thing done settings and frq will be transferred with minimum fuss and time from that radio to all others.

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
Already had done that but that doesn't transfer settings as well... hence my question about the actual firmware...

You are correct, that doesn't transfer the settings. Most of the time, once the settings are configured, you don't need to change them.

If that isn't good enough for you, the the OEM software is your only solution.

Jim KC9HI

lohtse

so there's no way to have the same firmware version on all of the f8+???

nd5y

so there's no way to have the same firmware version on all of the f8+???
No. There is no way to guarantee that all radios you buy will have the same firmware version.

could I not use the firmware from here Index of /uv5r/programming/CHIRPrecovery and flash factory img on all four of them???
You can't upgrade or change the firmware. The programming software doesn't write the entire firmware memory. The recovery images only have certain factory default programming settings.

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
could I not use the firmware from here Index of /uv5r/programming/CHIRPrecovery and flash factory img on all four of them???

The files at that link are not "firmware". The firmware in these radios is not upgradable.

If you want to purchase 4 radios and guarantee that they all have the exact same firmware version you would have to find a dealer willing to "read" enough radios using CHIRP to get the "real" firmware version and manually match up 4 radios with the same version. I would expect that there would an extra fee for this.

Jim KC9HI

lohtse

oh well you live and learn lol..

for how much they cost (£78 for all 4) I can live with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.