• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

emegency mode reset help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennedy-r

Feed Provider
Is there any way on an xts 2500 to have the emergency bursts continue after the radio is transmitted on? Our radios after the emergency is set send a combo of polite and impolite emergencies until someone talks on that radio. We would like them to restart after the voice transmission of a mayday is this possible?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Emergency mode is reset by holding the emergency button down, for a few seconds.

Beyond that, what you are saying is unclear.

Sent via Tapatalk

kennedy-r

Feed Provider
What I'm trying to say is after the emergency is initiated if a user transmits trying to get a message across and then Dekeys the portable emergency does not continue transmitting Mdc emergency bursts

jhooten

If I may ask why do you want this? The problem I see is it would continue to tie up the channel preventing a second unit with an emergency from being able to trigger an alarm.

CommJunkie

Generally speaking, if you can reach the radio to transmit, you don't need it to alert the emergency ID. The EID's are to alert the dispatchers of a problem. I don't believe any radios have pinpoint GPS with the EID so having it continue to go off when you can reach the radio to talk is pointless.

kennedy-r

Feed Provider
Morning,

Yes I understand this could tie up the channel and does seem counterproductive to me but this is what they seem to want here where I work. We use emergency mode on a simplex channel on the scene to alert the safety officers and incident commanders of the issue. There will be extensive testing before anything goes in service its really just a question of is this possible...thanks for the help guys

RKG

As I recall, the CPS offers a number of options regarding the emergency MDC message, which are explained in the help files. Unfortunately, I'm not near my programming computers.

The basic concept, though, is the the initiating subscriber continues to send the emergency word until the sooner of (1) receipt of an acknowledgement message from the dispatch console or (2) expiration of the retry counter. I am surprised to hear that a simple key of the initiator terminates an unacknowledged, unexpired retry, since that behavior would obviate the need for a cancelation method.

So far as I am aware, there is no way to program a subscriber to send the acknowledgement; that function is built into the Stat-Alert modem on a Motorola console or achieved via a Cimarron MDC controller on a Zetron console. Again, the construct of the MDC emergency function is that it is received by dispatch, after which dispatch handles alerting and coordinating field forces.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way on an xts 2500 to have the emergency bursts continue after the radio is transmitted on? Our radios after the emergency is set send a combo of polite and impolite emergencies until someone talks on that radio. We would like them to restart after the voice transmission of a mayday is this possible?

Are you using mdc or tps?

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
we are actually using both mdc signalling and tps for a beacon tone to find the down member

can you send me a codeplug to compare? Any reason why you wouldn't use tps over mdc?
I am pretty sure our radios keeping going until it's manually reset. I can try a radio in the am and see if there is a difference when using mdc.

Status
Not open for further replies.