What to programalong RT 95 to 485/495

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
The Virginia Wiki has a nice coverage listings for travel along the hyways/interstates which sites and counties to listen
How about Maryland ? Rt 95 into VA via 495/485 SP or MTA or? which troop or which tunnel/bridge to listen too as I head south

From north to south:

MSP Northeast (Cecil County) are on conventional low band (39.84 Mhz)

A large portion (Harford, Baltimore Couty and City) of it is covered on Maryland FiRST (MdTA) (P25 Phase 2)
First Responders Interoperable Radio System Team (FIRST) Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

MSP Waterloo (Howard County) are on the Howard County trunk system (Motorola)
Howard County Trunking System, Ellicott City, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

MSP College Park and Forestville are on the Prince George's trunk system (P25 Phase 2)
Prince George's County Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

maus92

Premium Subscriber
If he is going around the top side of the DC beltway - I-495 into Fairfax County VA, then the MSP are on the Montgomery County TRS:
Montgomery County, Maryland (MD) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The MdTA patrols I-95 from roughly the Susquehanna River south to I-895 junction just south of Baltimore, and a small portion of I-95 around the junction with MD200 (ICC.) MdTA is on FiRST along I-95, and on the Montgomery County system near the ICC.

Last edited:

hill

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget to add the MSP Barrack M talkgroups from the MD First System to receive information from around White Marsh and farther up I-95, as they also patrol this highway.

MdTA Police own this highway, but contract the MSP to patrol it.

Status
Not open for further replies.