Audio Recording Problems / Clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilduce

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

Having some recording issues with my BCD536HP. I use it to record scanner audio to the SD card for later review. When listening to it live, the audio is fine, but when I go back to the recordings, the first second or two are clipped off of most files. Here are some examples:

http://4000loavesanhour.com/audio/2015-04-03_02-26-28.wav

In this file, the full audio is "Central, engine 42, in and out for rehab," but "Central, engine 42" is cut off.

http://4000loavesanhour.com/audio/2015-04-03_03-27-41.wav

In this file, it starts off with "Special, Highland Park Engine 2..." but the "Special, Highland" is cut off.

The scanner is locked to just the Dispatch channel for the fire department, so it's not skimming through a bunch of other systems.

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? Any thoughts? If it comes down to it, we can always try to record the audio through the headphone jack, but we'd lose the time / date stamp.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Voyager

Might want to try erasing your FLs and rewrite. Also check to rewrite the main dB (force if necessary). I've seen something similar, and the rewrite fixed it. You could also have a card starting to go bad.

ilduce

Premium Subscriber
Might want to try erasing your FLs and rewrite. Also check to rewrite the main dB (force if necessary). I've seen something similar, and the rewrite fixed it. You could also have a card starting to go bad.

Thanks, I've tried that a few times to no effect, as well as a few different cards. Had similar problems on the Home Patrol 1.

Side question: Is there a good app for recording the audio from the scanner to individual files through the headphone out? ARC536 looks like it has a recording function, but I haven't looked into it much.

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
Most trunk systems all ready have a hold or delay time built in so try zero hold time on system
and zero delay time on all talk groups

troymail

Silent Key
Nothing really helps with the way Uniden does their recording.... Even if the talkgroup is being held on, the radio only records while the radio thinks there is voice.... way too choppy recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.