King William

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

I know I have asked over and over but was wondering WHEN is the "Courthouse" tower be turned on, or is it turned on? i have a BC436HP i hear king william OK at times but signal is deff broken up and I have to keep rewinding the transmission..... But My concern was the signal is often not clear at times but I still make out the audio and was wondering if that tower was on...

thanks

Herodog

C perk hope you been doing well. I am almost sure that they have not turned on the tower because the west point police and sheriff office have dead spot and no single in some areas for portable radios and the same for cars radios you have been listing to fire and ems they break up all the time dispatch says 10/9 but I do no the data or mirco wave part is hooked up and working . If I hear anything I will let you no.

CPerk

Thanks HeroDog,

I've Been doing ok, just working lot and lot of double shifts and been lot re programming on my bc436hp,

I have for Bank 1 ALL of KW
Bank 2 Richmond Ch.2 VSP
Bank 3 RIchmond CH1 VSP
Bank 4 Hanover PD
and so on...
but sure be nice if that tower was on, since at times my radio struggles to pick up the signal, but since my scanner had a recording feature , I usally set it on record and go work and then come home to listen to what has happen in the day or so, but sure be nice if the signal was better
and hope your doing well, and please do let me know if you hear anything and yes I have heard multiple times Dispatch saying "10/9" or " Are you having radio issues" and that has lead to me thinking signal still not hitting the right areas at times but hopefully be soon everything is set forth, but I must say BC436HP has blown me away I have had it since November 2014 and I am very please since I couldn't hear KIng William Side of the Hanover TRS unless I was in Hanover County...

Herodog

That's good you been doing ok. I been ok also. So that home patrol is doing the job ? I was thinking about buying one but I was going to see if the courthouse tower would make the pro 106 decode better I can here king William in spots of county and at my home so /so one time in strong next garbled mess. In Hanover no problem at all.like you said in Hanover no problem with pro 106 in king William different story. You should make a u tube video of your hp and post on here or u tube of hp in action in king William county . If I here anything else about the tower let you no

CPerk

That's good you been doing ok. I been ok also. So that home patrol is doing the job ? I was thinking about buying one but I was going to see if the courthouse tower would make the pro 106 decode better I can here king William in spots of county and at my home so /so one time in strong next garbled mess. In Hanover no problem at all.like you said in Hanover no problem with pro 106 in king William different story. You should make a u tube video of your hp and post on here or u tube of hp in action in king William county . If I here anything else about the tower let you no

So far the Bc436HP doing good for me to monitor King William but at times I cant hear much, but over all I hear the most that goes on and such, and I talked to One of the Depties that works the Courthouse lot and he told me that the Tower at the courthouse is not on currently, but will be soon and that should deff fix lot of signal problems and he is saying 75% I should be able hear much better than what I am hearing but we will see tho.... He said past few days they been taking concert to that tower area and making that area look "good" and that bc436hp is the best radio so far I have bought, my radioshack pro 106 still doesnt pick up anything just lot a junk and mixed signals cant make out what being said but my 436hp ya can make out what being said....

Herodog

C perk thanks for the tower info. I was looking at a 436hp on the. Web. But since the tower of on I going to see how the pro106 will do first before I buy another scanner . One question? Did you see any antennas on the courthouse tower other then the black dish if not it could be a relay tower if so we are in trouble they use data to broadcast the the radio single in stead of voice , then the radios decode data in to voice let not hope its that type of tower hear anything else let us no that's for info.

CPerk

No problem, I always try my hardest to keep track of what the county is and will be doing, and so much goes on since they have switched to 800mhz and at times they don't even say much on radio, and its been a good while since I have drivien out to courthouse , but next week I'll make the trip and check the tower out.. and see, last I saw was a sliver DIsh towards the middle of the tower, almost like Hanover Courthouse is, like I can be right on top of Hanover Courthouse and signal is still horrible.. hopefully that doesn't happen to us but I let u know

CPerk

C perk hope you been doing well. I am almost sure that they have not turned on the tower because the west point police and sheriff office have dead spot and no single in some areas for portable radios and the same for cars radios you have been listing to fire and ems they break up all the time dispatch says 10/9 but I do no the data or mirco wave part is hooked up and working . If I hear anything I will let you no.

To Include HeroDog,
I rode out to KWSO Courthouse today and still saw that Gray/Black Dish on the tower and didn't see any antenna or a very very small one at the top....... hmmmm that has me thinking now , I saw VSP tower had lot of those but a few Antennas but I guess it time will play a factor and see

Status
Not open for further replies.