BCD436HP/BCD536HP: New Firmware Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Did the update with no problems. The only thing I didn't see on the list was improvements to the P25 decoding as with the 536HP update. I wonder if that was done and just not mentioned?

I did notice that the squelch was set to 0, but that was an easy fix.

troymail

Silent Key
Installed the update without issue - didn't see the squelch level change but I did get warned that the clock lost it's time and needed to be set (it didn't really - the time was correct - but the prompt said it was lost).

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
...but I did get warned that the clock lost it's time and needed to be set (it didn't really - the time was correct - but the prompt said it was lost).

My 536 did the same thing, false time lost message. Only did it that first time and not since.

My 436 did it, but the RTC hasn't retained the time for the last 2 months so it was true. :wink:

garys

Premium Subscriber
The update was timely (no pun intended) because the RTC in the 436 started losing the time setting about two weeks ago.

Neither of my 536s have had that problem yet. One was left totally off power for a week with no problem. Both actually passed the test that UPMan posted a few weeks past. As did the 436, but a week or later it started.

My 536 did the same thing, false time lost message. Only did it that first time and not since.

My 436 did it, but the RTC hasn't retained the time for the last 2 months so it was true. :wink:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I just updated the firmware to the 436 and had no problems loading :) I don't use the USB from radio to computer. I use the card reader.

Last edited:

kd7eir

Analyze on BCDx36HP is nothing compared to what the HP1 got with the extreme upgrade. All this time waiting and it's frankly a let down.

No current activity, no talkgroup converter, no bandscope, no LCN activity monitor, no activity log. I can see the system status, but I can discern that by LISTENING. I can find the LCN. I can see a power plot.

What happened to the USEFUL features like bandscope, LCN activity monitor, activity log, current activity? More than a year since release of the scanner and the most anticipated feature is horribly crippled.

Lifesafer

Premium Subscriber
Are there a list of what was done with this update?

I just updated and I can tell a big difference in my scanner. The systems that use to break up and couldn't hear half the time are now coming in loud and clear.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Are there a list of what was done with this update?

I just updated and I can tell a big difference in my scanner. The systems that use to break up and couldn't hear half the time are now coming in loud and clear.

I know the p25 here comes in good depends where I'm at home some places won't pick up the signal. When I visit back home I'll try old firmware and new firmware see if it will pick up the 800 p25 p1 better.

XTS3000

Update went fine and fast! Just starting to test it now, noticed the battery level refreshes much faster now.

All normal functions and reception seems fine.

XTS3000

I have never completed a firmware update from the last one released, do I need to do that one first and then this current update in succession?

No, just plug in your scanner into the USB and run the Sentinel software. Run the "update firmware" under the Update top menu.

It should go without issues.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Just finished the update and I like the Close Call Instant frequency display. Thanks UPMan !

I don't see the bandscope ? Will this be added later ?

wise871

Database Admin
Analyze on BCDx36HP is nothing compared to what the HP1 got with the extreme upgrade. All this time waiting and it's frankly a let down.

No current activity, no talkgroup converter, no bandscope, no LCN activity monitor, no activity log. I can see the system status, but I can discern that by LISTENING. I can find the LCN. I can see a power plot.

What happened to the USEFUL features like bandscope, LCN activity monitor, activity log, current activity? More than a year since release of the scanner and the most anticipated feature is horribly crippled.

I too am waiting for the additional features that will be useful. With out CC Search only or the items you listed above I still need to rely on my HP-1 or XT scanners to get Control Channel and Voice Channel information.

I hope more features are forth coming.

XTS3000

Just finished the update and I like the Close Call Instant frequency display. Thanks UPMan !

I don't see the bandscope ? Will this be added later ?

You bring up a good point. When Uniden announced the 436 with Analyze Feature, they never said exactly what features would be included.

I just assumed the 436HP Analyze Feature would include everything the HP1E has for its Analyze feature set.

Just going to have to wait for Paul to chime in on this one....

Boatanchor

What am I missing? Is there some secret mode to get the trunking activity?

Unless I/we are misssing something, I 100% agree.

I was under the impression that analyse would display and/or log trunking activity on the site, not simply show three (almost) useless bargraphs.

What am I missing? Is there more to the story?

What is the point of the x36HP analyze function if all it gives you is a bigger signal strength meter?

Calling this 'Analyze' is a bit of a stretch, don't ya think?

The 'Power' Plot function seems to be a complete waste of time/space too. It is really just a signal strength plot over a maximum duration of 16 seconds. I'm not sure who would find this function useful?

Maybe, if the 'Power Plot' was incorporated into the site/channel hold function and instead displayed a much smaller (and longer) plot at the bottom of the screen, it may have some bling value - maybe.

I'm scratching my head over this one too.

Last edited:

Boatanchor

My conventional scan speed appears to have increased dramatically with this update and I do like the changes to the way Close call works - Well done to Uniden for these updates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.