Greensboro City Fire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJones27320

Premium Subscriber
I listen to Guilford Co and Greensboro City Fire a lot and I know the county gets paged over 46.500 and 453.750 but how do the city stations get pages? I hear them dispatched and sometimes they will tell a city station to disregard there tones but I never heard any tones. Are the city stations paged on a different frequency?

randyK

They are paged as individual radios over the trunking system. I think they have a base radio at every station just for that purpose.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
They are paged as individual radios over the trunking system. I think they have a base radio at every station just for that purpose.

That is the way Durham City FD gets alerted to calls. A dispatcher sends a Call Alert
to the Radio ID of a consolette on the city Trunked System (there is one consolette at every station) which then sends a little voltage out the back of the consolette which then trips a couple of relays that in turn trigger the station buzzer & lights. Pretty simple setup and darn reliable. No Quick Call tones or two tone paging anymore. Just simple TRS Call Alerting.
Marshall KE4ZNR

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber

They are actually alerted in groups, including the base radio in the station and the portables.

yardbird

Charlotte uses MOSCAD

They place all stations in day alert, which means all stations receive all dispatches throughout the city from the hours of 7am to 10pm.

After 10pm they switch to night alert which they alert individual stations.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.