Siren App Development Timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOf674

I've searched this forum and can't seem to find that post from Upman regarding the development rollout of the additional features? Any help? I'm waiting on a fully functional (menu & mute) siren before replacing my 996xt in my truck with the 536...

Thanks in advance...

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I've searched this forum and can't seem to find that post from Upman regarding the development rollout of the additional features? Any help? I'm waiting on a fully functional (menu & mute) siren before replacing my 996xt in my truck with the 536...

Thanks in advance...

It's here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...n-app-suggestions-feedback-2.html#post2366713

Also, Mute works fine on my iPhone 5s running ios8. It only mutes the phone though, not the scanner.

prc117f

Thanks in advance...

Your smart in waiting. If everyone did this initially the siren app would have been done ages ago.

Voting with your wallet is the only way to have companies produce products that does what is said on the box.

I bet if everyone waited, the siren app would have been done in a few weeks. The problem was everyone went nuts and ordered these scanners to the point of being sold out. So Uniden ended up like the satiated lion no longer interested in hunting for prey.

Voyager

It's well documented why the Siren app was delayed. It had nothing to do with sales volumes.

prc117f

It's well documented why the Siren app was delayed. It had nothing to do with sales volumes.

Sales volume was not the issue. But having a pocket full of cash sure did not push the speed of development.

It's like hiring a contractor and paying him upfront.

They sold a product that did not do what was marked on the box and then it took forever to finally get some of the features in place.

I think this was the first time Uniden has done this. In the past they delivered what was marked on the box.

K8cpa-chuck

Yes when will see the Android version ?
That's what I would like to know.

I've had my scanner almost 6 months and I've been waiting for the Android version of that app for a long time.

I'd love to be able to listen to scanner via my phone out here on the front porch. can't do it right now. [emoji20] [emoji19]

Voyager

Hard to release an app without working WiFi which Uniden could not develop until about 4.5 months ago.

K8cpa-chuck

Hard to release an app without working WiFi which Uniden could not develop until about 4.5 months ago.
That's very true.

I'm in no hurry. I'd rather they get it right, then them release it and it be full of bugs.

so I'm not complaining maybe a little. but I'm just grateful I got the scanner and it works really well.

I just wish somebody would figure out a way to incorporate the wifi feature and release a program that would allow me to put up a feed without having to use audio patch cables that would be the cat's meow right there.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I just wish somebody would figure out a way to incorporate the wifi feature and release a program that would allow me to put up a feed without having to use audio patch cables that would be the cat's meow right there.

Proscan version 8.0 does just that. You can use URL for both Data and Audio. My test last night found URL audio disconnected after a period of time though. Not a PROSCAN error mind you.

Check out the Evansville, IN feed for the rest of Sunday to hear a 536HP feeding through URL.

K8cpa-chuck

Proscan version 8.0 does just that. You can use URL for both Data and Audio. My test last night found URL audio disconnected after a period of time though. Not a PROSCAN error mind you.

Check out the Evansville, IN feed for the rest of Sunday to hear a 536HP feeding through URL.
Yeah naturally you gotta pay for it [emoji19]

I'm not against that, but good grief man, I haven't worked in 10 years. [emoji20]

K8cpa-chuck

I downloaded it and got it to stream the stuff on the screen but the audio does not work it cuts out after a couple seconds it doesn't even really stream it though so something's not right

K8cpa-chuck

Disregard previous now that I know what I'm doing.. Had to put in the right IP address oopsie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.