West Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnishpirate

Hi there,

New to all this but recently moved to West Hartford and was wondering what's the most basic setup I can have to get West Hartford fire and PD. Back home (Chester) was able to get some of the local FD and Valley Shore pretty easily but I know a lot of PD have changed to newer systems that aren't the old, basic radio codes I'm used to.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You would need a scanner that could pick up analog Motorola trunked systems. However, there had been plans to upgrade the system to P25 and perhaps Phase II so if you want to future-proof your radio, it would be wise to get one that would do P25 Phaase II.

chris

SCPD

QRT
I completely agree with the above. I had a 396xt and it worked great but I recently picked up a 436hp. I am in Farmington and I can pick up the WH's trunked system with the 396 but I definitely enjoy the peace of mind of having a scanner with P2 going forward. I might be crazy but I after the most recent firmware update I feel as though CTSP is coming in clearer. I noticed that the H&W site is coming it at full signal strength...although it could be my location within my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.