ACARS log analyser

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter1066

Hi,

ACARS Log Analyser

Has anyone got a copy of this execellent - but rather old (2001 vintage) - ACARS freeware logging program they could let me have?

Peter1066

peter1066

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the link on this page is now dead!

"ACARS Log Analyser is our program (now freeware) designed to help you make sense of all those logs. It can be downloaded here"

I have contacted Mark Avey, the program owner who advised he does not have a copy now.
He did mention there was an earlier version that needed registration and a final later one that was totally freeware.

Thanks for the try

Peter

peter1066

Thanks for reply.

Yes there are two downloads available, the first an executable set-up file which works but is the earlier program that is unregistered and has a log limit.

The second one is zipped up but says bad corrupted file and does not download.

Mark Avey did said the zipped up one was his final freeware version that did not need registering - so that seems to be the only one to find!

Thanks for the try.

Regards,

Peter

peter1066

Hello,

I tried and downloaded the zip file and copied the that exe file over the working unregistered copy but then the program would not run at all.

The working version is 1.7.2 and I understand the correct zip file when copied over will present as 1.7.6 and registered.

Thanks for your time and patience!!

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded both the LASetup.exe and LogAnalyser.zip files from the Wayback links I gave you, and it runs just fine here. When I initially ran the LASetup.exe program, it wanted to replace a bunch of files that were newer, but I chose NOT to install those older files. I tested this on an XP machine. I do not wish to install it on my newer machines though... sorry.

Attachments

• ACARSLA.jpg
    ACARSLA.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 308

peter1066

Thanks - so I have installed the "LASet.exe" and kept the "newer files" - said "no" to overwrite.
Do I run the program before I unzip the "log analyser.zip? Or
is the last step to unzip this file into and overwrite the existing exec file?

I am using WinXP

Thanks again for your patience!

peter1066

Further to my last - I have downloaded and installed LASetup.exe and program runs unregistered.
But cannot get the zip file to overwrite/convert it to M.Bird reg version!
It crashes and gives message "Windows cannot access specified device, path, or file' You may not have appropriate permission..."
Does it matter which drive/folder I choose for program?

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I did not attempt to run the program until after I replaced the EXE file from the zip file. After running LASetup.exe, I went to the install location(C:\Program Files\LogAnalyser), and renamed the "LogAnalyser.exe" to "LogAnalyser.exe.old". I then extracted the zip contents to that folder.

Just to make sure the original file didn't muck things up, I went ahead and ran the original EXE file so that it was the unregistered version, and then re-ran the patched registered copy and it still worked. So this isn't going to matter to the new EXE file. What I'm saying is, there isn't a file or registry entry that will prevent the new EXE from running as registered.

I looks to me like you're having a permission problem. Make sure the login account is either part of the Admin group, our just simply log in as the Administrator and replace the file. If you are an Admin, you're doing something wrong, and you will have to figure that out..

peter1066

Eureka! At last. The "Avast" anti-virus was blocking the extracted zip file from being executed, just that!
Some "egg on face" here but now ACARS Log Analyser version 1.2.8 working fine.
Now to make a note of that to avoid future oops!

Thanks for all your help and patience, really appreciated.

Peter1066

Status
Not open for further replies.