Wayne P25 TRS and Unitrunker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Anyone have Wayne up and running in Unitrunker? I can get a decode on all the surrounding systems (State 800, NJICS, Bergen, Morris), but for some reason Unitunker will NOT decode Wayne. Maybe because it's a Harris ip25? Any thoughts?

sacharoffm

I have the Wayne TRS running in Unitrunker at work. I am using two RTL-USB devices to receive the signal. The past few days they have been changing the control channel. Try the first two listed control channels and see what comes up. These have been the most active the past few weeks. I think they are trying to figure out what is going on with the system. Hopes this helps you out.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'm getting the control channel full strength, just no decode. Decode works fine on other P25 systems such as Morris and Bergen. Confused...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sacharoffm

When I get to work on Monday, I will program up my PSR-600 and see what I get out of that scanner. I have that one listening to the my works trunk system that we are on. Will report back Monday on my findings.

SCPD

QRT
I should also note I'm running inline from a PSR-800.
Turn on decode logging, let it run for a while, and check the contents of the decode log.

If it is mostly empty, the PSR800 is unable to recognize this particular signal.

The PSR-800 also supports discriminator audio through the headphone jack.

If you enable this in the PSR800, you can create a discriminator only signal receiver in Unitrunker to decode the waveform. You'll need a patch cable to connect the headphone jack to your computer's line or microphone input. See this link for adjusting audio levels.

Audio Recording Level Adjustment

Trunk240

I've never used Unitrunker, but I have had success as recently as two or three weeks ago with Pro96Com and my BCD396XT.

Notwithstanding, I have been having trouble actually listening to the system with my Uniden and Pro 668. The system was totally dialed in until late February or early March. Now it's mostly unlistenable on my scanners. Of course, it sounds fine on their Harris P7300s, but I think they're having some coverage issues. I'm hoping that whatever they're working on now will solve my issues as well.

http://forums.radioreference.com/new-jersey-radio-discussion-forum/309755-wayne-trs-help.html

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have it working via discriminator tap. Still no decode via inline on a PSR-800. Odd since the inline will decode all the other P25 systems around but as soon as I switch to Wayne, nada. It does show the control channel frequency and health in Unitrunker but won't pull the system info.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
So Site 15 popped in Unitrunker via the inline method. However, it threw all the frequencies and band plan into my Morris County file which is a completely different system ID. So I just deleted all that. Wayne and I are just not liking each other right now. Although the audio does sound good on my PSR-800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trunk240

I tried to install Unitrunker tonight. It gives me an error message about "no working folder access" and "invalid installation or shortcut." UniScope fires up, though... but that doesn't help.

I ran Pro96Com and it's pulling the site information from the BCD396XT just fine. I'll keep working at Unitrunker.

SCPD

QRT
There is a bug in the installer that leaves a bad short cut on you desktop. Delete the short cut and run the program from the start menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.