DMR on 851.0125

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I am hearing DMR on 851.0125 with about 2 bars of signal on a handheld in Ahwatukee. This is the rebanded 800mhz nationwide calling freq. Transmissions are frequent and consistent signal strength. This has been going on for at least a week.

Is anyone else hearing this? It is some kind of digital that is not P25. Maybe MOTOTRBO? Anyone know who is using this freq?

radioguru6613

I am hearing DMR on 851.0125 with about 2 bars of signal on a handheld in Ahwatukee. This is the rebanded 800mhz nationwide calling freq. Transmissions are frequent and consistent signal strength. This has been going on for at least a week.

Is anyone else hearing this? It is some kind of digital that is not P25. Maybe MOTOTRBO? Anyone know who is using this freq?

It's not DMR it's a Control Channel though.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It's not DMR it's a Control Channel though.

It's not constant like a control channel. It's not even at a regular interval. I have been listening this morning and it is silent.

It might be data bursts like an MDT.

I'll try to run it through DSD if I catch it next week and see if it is digital voice.

Edit: I just caught a transmission, so it is still active.

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
This afternoon, I got a chance to run it though DSD+. It is decoding the transmissions as DMR Base Station Data. I was able to monitor many transmissions, and they were all the same format. No DMR voice yet.

I find it odd that this is being transmitted on the National 800mhz calling frequency.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Cellphone - maybe someone, somewhere is doing a project and that's the channel they decided to use???

Mike

KB7MIB

I heard it in Peoria late Saturday night. Full bars on a PSR-500 with the 800 MHz duckie.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.