CALFIRE 2015 Load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirkenVogt

Quick summary:

Tac 26-29, Command 11, 2 new air-ground added, some county command nets added, USFS moved back to group 3.

I never bother caring about it much until the final comes out, usually in June, because they are always changing things until the last minute.

f40ph

Feed Provider
San Bernardino County isn't new (was in there last year) just a new channel slot. Same freqs as on this site.

kma371

QRT
Check out the Monterey County Fire Training Officers website.They have a nice frequency list with the
2015 load.

That's actually a 2014 list according to the file name

...update, I take that back. As of a few weeks ago it was a 2014 list, looks like they updated to 2015 list now

Colton25

Cal Fire/USFS Radio Load

Does anyone know where i can find the latest radio load from either the FS or Cal Fire?

Colton25

I already have all the frequencies, i'm just trying to figure out how they have it configured. Planning to reconfigure my radio, hopefully in a more organized way. All it takes is one quick google search and you can find basically every frequency you'll ever want.

Good luck, people keep pretty tight lipped about it lol

Colton25

Ok cool thank you, i also found this it has all the FS and NPS frequencies however i can't confirm if it all is accurate because it says it's from July 2007.
CFN - CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS - CAL FIRE NEWS : CDF Portable Radio Load - CAL FIRE's BK Radio GPH-CMD series 500-channel handie talkies

Are you talking channel line up? Try FIRESCOPE. They have the most updated line up as of February, 2015. Plus you can get area-specific frequencies here, of course.

Hope this helps!

Edit:

Try this, since it's public info: http://www.firescope.org/macs-docs/MACS-441-1.pdf

SCPD

QRT
I already have all the frequencies, i'm just trying to figure out how they have it configured. Planning to reconfigure my radio, hopefully in a more organized way. All it takes is one quick google search and you can find basically every frequency you'll ever want.

Based on my experience that is not true. There is more out there than what one can find using Google or any other type of internet search. I've been doing Google searches for frequency info since 1995 and less is available now than ever. The feds keep finding the links we find these frequencies on and make them intranet or password protected. I keep a file of favorites where I have found frequency information each year and the number that worked three years ago has been reduced by 50% or more. I write a lot of submissions for wildland fire/natural resource agency listings and maintain many Wiki pages and it is getting considerably more difficult to find the information to so. I have a lot of experience over the span of 20 years of finding this information and that is the experience I draw from to disagree with your assertion.

I mentioned this is a thread I started in the federal forum, when we post links to frequency information IT types see spikes in hits from ISP's that don't match the ISP's of the personnel they expect of their audience. When they see the number and sources of these hits they take measures to plug the leaks. It would be best, especially if it involves federal frequency information, to not post the website addresses. Sharing the information without revealing its source is much better as those spikes of hits won't occur.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Ok cool thank you, i also found this it has all the FS and NPS frequencies however i can't confirm if it all is accurate because it says it's from July 2007.
CFN - CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS - CAL FIRE NEWS : CDF Portable Radio Load - CAL FIRE's BK Radio GPH-CMD series 500-channel handie talkies

The California Fire News list is full of errors and outdated info. I would not rely on it. Example: there hasn't been a NIFC Command 7 for about 4-5 years now. The frequency authorization for NIFC was withdrawn by the IRAC. I still have copies of the memos stating so, but will not take the time to find them, but I can assure you there are only 6 NIFC commands, Commands 8-12 are from the National Interoperability FOG.

SCPD

QRT
There have been changes on 4 or 5 of the available air to ground frequencies as well as some additions and deletions to the Air to Air FM Tactical frequencies for the southern California National Forests. None of that information is available in the links provided here. I'm trying to track down what those changes are, but don't have the information yet. If someone can locate this information from sources you have or by an internet search, by all means pass the information along, but please do not post a link to the site you found it on.

A couple of examples of not finding information via an Internet search, I have not been able to obtain the Air to Air FM and Air to Air VHF AM tactical frequencies for the Southern GACC for two years now. The major website I was using closed their "backdoor" used to access it last fall after someone posted the address. The Northern Rockies GACC removed their area frequency guide from computer access, even on their internal servers. They printed up some and each employee has to contact their dispatchers to look at a copy. They had so many leaks in their security system that they gave up and removed access to the guide.

ke6gcv

Link to the 2015 guide is here:
http://www.firescope.org/macs-docs/MACS-441-1.pdf

Note that it is now Federal Policy to redact any federal frequency from the public that is not classed as InterOp, and they are all exempt from FOI requests.

Classified as Sensitive FOUO.

Precisely my point in another discussion about frequency sources. Those freqs meant to be private have been removed. I have the MACS prior to this released revision. I'm not going to go into details, but it really isn't much of a difference. I believe with P25 Phase II and encryption becoming more of a commonplace, more and more freqs will be "disappearing" as time goes on. Though InterOp will more than likely remain analog, changes are coming. And faster than I had thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.