Pace Bus Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Didn't the Pace Bus System use to have their own trunked system at one time? I say 'use to' and 'at one time' because I can't seem to find a listing for it in the database, even though I'm almost 100% sure I had it programmed into my 996XT once upon a time many moons ago.

Or am I just off my rocker this evening and there was never any such creature?

I'd appreciate any enlightenment y'all could provide.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Didn't the Pace Bus System use to have their own trunked system at one time? I say 'use to' and 'at one time' because I can't seem to find a listing for it in the database, even though I'm almost 100% sure I had it programmed into my 996XT once upon a time many moons ago.

Thanks in advance.

Yes they had a trunked system before. It was a Motorola Type II Smartnet. They moved their operations over to Starcom21. Their talkgroups on Starcom21 are 32xxx. You can locate them at the bottom of the Starcom21 DB. Just above Scott Air Force Base (Mascoutah) Talkgroups. Their old system was a 800Mhz system.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=596

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2324

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Yes they had a trunked system before. It was a Motorola Type II Smartnet. They moved their operations over to Starcom21. Their talkgroups on Starcom21 are 32xxx. You can locate them at the bottom of the Starcom21 DB. Just above Scott Air Force Base (Mascoutah) Talkgroups. Their old system was a 800Mhz system.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=596

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2324

Ahhh, didn't think to look on the Starcom system.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Well, maybe it's because of my location (northwest Indiana vs. south 'burbs of Chicagoland), but I haven't heard one peep on any of the Pace talkgroups. :(

Right now that's all I have programmed in for SC21. Guess I should try to add some other TGID's and see if I can hear them. If not, I'll know it's probably my location that's the problem.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pace Bus System

Yes, there used to be an old 800mhz Pace system itself. I used to listen to it in Schaumburg IL. It was around when Schaumburg Police's 800mhz control channel was 859.2125 back in those days where you could hear them. There's wasn't much "action" on there besides the occasional drunk riders or accident talk. Starcom21 has a talk group 32901? You also can check the TRUNKED SYSTEMS for the state of IL. I thought there was some system in there that includes Pace suburban traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, maybe it's because of my location (northwest Indiana vs. south 'burbs of Chicagoland), but I haven't heard one peep on any of the Pace talkgroups. :(

Right now that's all I have programmed in for SC21. Guess I should try to add some other TGID's and see if I can hear them. If not, I'll know it's probably my location that's the problem.

What site are you using to try and pick it up on? Are you using this site?

1 (1) 889 (379) Joliet/PACE - Simulcast (Future)Will 769.08125 771.30625 771.88125 773.23125 773.93125 774.23125

I know it says future on it but they might be using this site. Someone more local can confirm if they are or not using this site.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Besides the Starcom21 talk-group, Checking my EZScan library import section I see that Pace bus is found in COOK County IL and has a system listed for import there. Cook County, Trunked "Systems" depending on what software you use it should be in there.

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever hear the Pace Buses? Apparently it was heard on a couple of towers. Did you try them towers?

Active on Site 1-02...Control Channel 774.34375

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Did you ever hear the Pace Buses? Apparently it was heard on a couple of towers. Did you try them towers?

Yes, I tried those towers. Have heard some choppy transmissions, but nothing 100% clear. Right now my best antenna is in my attic, but am hoping to get it, or another antenna, mounted outside. I'm hoping that that will help with reception, and not just for SC21, but overall reception.

Yes, I tried those towers. Have heard some choppy transmissions, but nothing 100% clear. Right now my best antenna is in my attic, but am hoping to get it, or another antenna, mounted outside. I'm hoping that that will help with reception, and not just for SC21, but overall reception.

Since I last posted that tower for you to use to hear them they updated the DB for the Pace Bus. Did you see the update in the DB for Starcom21? Hopefully that antenna will help for the reception for you. Please let us know if that antenna helps you to hear the Pace Bus.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Since I last posted that tower for you to use to hear them they updated the DB for the Pace Bus. Did you see the update in the DB for Starcom21? Hopefully that antenna will help for the reception for you. Please let us know if that antenna helps you to hear the Pace Bus.

No, I didn't see the update. Don't have time to look at it now, but will later on this afternoon. In a quick nutshell, what was updated? Thanks.

daveharpe

Has Pace moved to Phase II TDMA? Might be the issue if you're still using your 996xt...

transitman

PACE Contract Operator Frequency Changes

Apparently the First Student LTR system shown on the Dupage County IL page is no longer in use. Using "signal stalker", 451.325 and 452.00 were detected at the First Student garage in Westmont however both frequencies were either MotoTrbo or Nexedge and cannot be monitored by conventional scanners nor could I determine if either frequency was dedicated to PACE operations.

For the PACE routes operated by First Student at the Naperville garage, 478.70 PL 192.8 is now being used.

I tried, without success, to identify what frequency is used for the routes operated by the City of Highland Park I believe it's 453.80; can someone confirm this or provide the correct frequency and PL/DPL if known.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Apparently the First Student LTR system shown on the Dupage County IL page is no longer in use. Using "signal stalker", 451.325 and 452.00 were detected at the First Student garage in Westmont however both frequencies were either MotoTrbo or Nexedge and cannot be monitored by conventional scanners nor could I determine if either frequency was dedicated to PACE operations.

For the PACE routes operated by First Student at the Naperville garage, 478.70 PL 192.8 is now being used.

I tried, without success, to identify what frequency is used for the routes operated by the City of Highland Park I believe it's 453.80; can someone confirm this or provide the correct frequency and PL/DPL if known.

I sure hope someone in the decision-making process at either Uniden or Whistler is paying attention to these type of posts. MotoTrbo is becoming more popular and would be nice to see a scanner coming out in the near future that will receive this newest format. I do continue to read how some are modifying their current scanners via discriminator taps but for the average listener, just want to be able to program it in and let it receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.