PSP VHF mobile to mobile defunct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3wt

Earlier this afternoon I heard someone on B mobile state that mobile to mobile has been removed (at 21:48 on the archive below). Around 19:30 PSP Bloomsburg had been doing VHF radio checks. I don't scan M to M on my feeds since it's against ToS, so I can't confirm that it's actually not used.

Broadcastify - Columbia County Police Audio Archives, 2015-05-03, 02:38 PM - 03:08 PM

r3wt

So that's basically the same as when I did scan those. I occasionally heard distant radio checks on mobile to mobile, but nothing else. TAC 1 and 2 were typically casual conversation. They may just be starting to pull some of the unused frequencies to repurpose.

Steveradio

FernRidge still does checks on CHB 155.670/155.910 at shift change daily also it depends on where they are the 800 still has dead spots also air units are on TAC 1 and 2 doing enforcement yet

dmg1969

I never hear anything on M to M. I live close to the PSP Newport barracks and they run on channel G VHF. They usually use that as their mobile to mobile talkaround channel. I did add the PSP Tac channels to see if I pick anything up.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
M-M 154.755 has been gathering dust for some time in the SEPA area. Maybe the announcement was to let everyone know that no one was monitoring it any longer.

I do still hear TAC1/2 M-M.

Seems there was a lot of activity on the VHF system late last night May-6 for whatever reason. Maybe OS crashed or was being maintained...

Dave

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Heard York dispatch talking with York-7 tonight. I usually don't copy York from my location. 154.755/186.2PL. Did not refer to channel as "mobile to mobile", merely "VHF".

Last edited:

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
M2M used to be used for VHF radio checks at PSP Lewistown prior to them using P25 VHF channel. I'm not sure if PSP Rockview still uses M2M for a backup radio check or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.