Wyandotte County Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Start watching the Wyandotte County P25 MARRS system.

They were just granted a license modification to add Phase II to all their sites.

Not sure what this all means, but sounds like they are preparing to add some Phase II TGs to the system.

A FYI....

HH

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Good find! Maybe, they will drop the encryption on dispatch channels.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Start watching the Wyandotte County P25 MARRS system.

They were just granted a license modification to add Phase II to all their sites.

Not sure what this all means, but sounds like they are preparing to add some Phase II TGs to the system.

A FYI....

HH

Are you referring to the 9K80D7W emission designators? If so, I believe those were there when the licenses were initially granted. At any rate, it wouldn't surprise me as nearly all public safety use APX gear. As of right now none of the radios are programmed for Phase II operation (I just read a KCKPD radio a couple weeks ago).

As far as law enforcement dropping the encryption, don't count on it happening (even if they do end up going Phase II). They have been very adamant about keeping it in place for "officer safety" reasons.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
After further review of the action, looks like they consolidated some licenses.

Originally they were KC MO not KC KS.

Tnx PVPD730 you are correct.....

I had only had looked at the basic transaction and not the actual application.

HH

mgolden2

Kck is reprogramming all of their radios because they were not originally programmed with the Fail Safe option in case the trunked system failed. Oops! 3000 radios coming to the shop soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.