Comtelco BS800N-C scanner antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjkowalak

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I've searched the forums for info on outdoor rooftop scanner antennas for 800mhz p-25 systems and found some suggestions but not quite what I'm looking for. Im hoping not to repeat something that's been posted here it goes. Has anyone used or have used the Comtelco BS800N-C 825-896 MHz 4 do gain base antenna? I'm using both a Uniden HP1 and a Uniden BCD436HP. If not that antenna, hoping for any suggestions. I live about 15 miles from Detroit and I do receive signals ok but a lot of signals break up part way through the transmissions. Thank you for any suggestions.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The Antenna Farm has a great selection of antennas and I have purchased a few from them. Sometimes a commercial type antenna is better if you monitor a specific band like 800 MHz.

I live in a one story apartment and cannot mount an outdoor antenna. I use the indoor setup in the links below attached to a torch lamp pole to clearly receive my local 800 Mhz. analog system for my feed which is about 10 miles away, as well as 800 and 450 Mhz. systems from adjacent counties.

Laird Technologies MBC800 - Mobile to Base Station Adapter Kit

Laird Technologies B7603 760-870 MHz antenna

Last edited:

pjkowalak

Premium Subscriber
Laird Technologies antenna

Thanks W8MRH,

Nice to hear from a fellow Ham. I've seen this set up. Is it ok to mount outdoors? I'm assuming your reception with 800mhz has improved?

KD8YOZ

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I don't see why you couldn't use it outdoors but I would prefer something a little more heavy duty like this.

My reception went from nothing to 4 or 5 bars on distant stations and cleared up static on my local system.

pjkowalak

Premium Subscriber
800 MHz antenna

Ok sounds good. I'll give it a try as an indoor set up. Maybe it'll save me some work. Sounds like exactly what I need with the results you got. Not very expensive either. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.