New Digital Mode Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
The new AOR AR-DV1 receiver will be demonstrated at the big Dayton Hamvention in a couple of weeks. Here's what they say about it:

"
It’s the FIRST multi-mode digital voice receiver to receive and decode virtually ALL popular digital modes including: MOTOTRBOTM, DMR, dPMRTM, APCO P25, NXDNTM, Icom D-StarTM, Digital CR, Yaesu, Kenwood®, and Alinco EJ-47U as well as conventional
analog signals. "

It sounds like what a lot of us scanner folks have been waiting for. However, it will, of course be quite pricey. It will be around $1,195. It is being marketed by Scanner Master.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
You don't have to pay that price to scan all that stuff. I use DSD Plus 1.5.1. It decodes all digital as well. I use it with a cheap scanner.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
A simple checking of the "Encryption" box in CPS, and entering an ENC code will render this unit basically useless. Hopefully it won't be widely, publically advertised. Just sayin'

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I read it was only being sold to government agencies and not the general public.

Where did you read that? The government only sale refers to the non cellular-blocked version of that radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.