JoCo Med-Ac Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Me and another listener have been hearing JoCo Med-Act units are taking turns, going out of service "for radio programming" at Med-Act Support Services in Olathe.

Anyone happen know what that's all about?

Redneck0410

Me and another listener have been hearing JoCo Med-Act units are taking turns, going out of service "for radio programming" at Med-Act Support Services in Olathe.

Anyone happen know what that's all about?

I wonder if they're fixing to add some talkgroups in the area... might be worth starting to search for undocumented talkgroups. Just a stab in the dark.

-Shawn

nec911

I wonder if they're fixing to add some talkgroups in the area... might be worth starting to search for undocumented talkgroups. Just a stab in the dark.

-Shawn

They are coordinating talkgroups with the systems being used by other EMS that are around the area. It is a part of Interop and Mutual Aid. A template was made up of certain talkgroups and system so units responding into or outside of most areas can talk to each other.

In looking at the AMR radios the other day I found over 300 other talkgroups for neighboring areas.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
nec911, is template talk groups set up in a grid? JOCO and City Fire/EMS have talk groups set up in a grid. They dispatch calls on ECC Dispatch and also on 302xx through 30299. I've been looking online for a map of the grid and haven't found it yet. It seems Miami County, KS has been on 31190 FIRE/EMS OSAWATAMIE. Since, they are not signed up for MARRS (that I know of) I guess they have a talk group because half of Spring Hill is in Miami CO. Or they are contracted for calls in the Southern part of Spring Hill according to their Fire District map.

nec911

nec911, is template talk groups set up in a grid? JOCO and City Fire/EMS have talk groups set up in a grid. They dispatch calls on ECC Dispatch and also on 302xx through 30299. I've been looking online for a map of the grid and haven't found it yet. It seems Miami County, KS has been on 31190 FIRE/EMS OSAWATAMIE. Since, they are not signed up for MARRS (that I know of) I guess they have a talk group because half of Spring Hill is in Miami CO. Or they are contracted for calls in the Southern part of Spring Hill according to their Fire District map.

I don't have the final one in my hands but it is set up like SNCO Radio Shop set up their templates.
It is a grid of 16 by 20. I provided some input but I have not gotten the final from them.

As an IMT member, we like to have a radio that matches some of the specialty groups that could come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.