• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Reminders From Chinese Radio Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Here are some reminders I read on a Chinese radio seller's site:

the legitimate use of green and healthy. Walkie Talkie the Green public radio, can completely relieve your worries!

1. Using rechargeable walkie-talkie for the first time, please charge for 16 hours.
  2. Turn off your computer before removing the battery.
  3. Please do not use hand to pick up the antenna, hold the antenna will affect the effective wireless intercom call range.
  4. Use the walkie-talkie, you should keep it vertical distance of 5.0 to 7.0 cm, and keep your face.
  5. Please try to use while driving handsfree speaker and the closing words.
  6. Keep your intercom televisions, computer monitors and other screen to maintain a distance greater than 10cm, to avoid being magnetized.
  7. The interphone Do things together with other metal-containing storage.
  8. Walkie-talkies may interfere with some hearing aids, with your hearing aid manufacturer to discuss alternatives.
  9. Try to place in the medical walkie-talkie off, so as not to affect the use of medical equipment.
  10. Do not use in airports and on aircraft. If so, prohibited driving the car to the side of the road and then.
  11. In potentially explosive areas must remain shut down, unless it is dedicated intercom dangerous areas (for example, Factory Mutual, CAS, or UL certified).

zz0468

QRT
Banned
This is hilarious!

If you want to write your own "Chinglish" instruction book, you can copy/paste your own text into Google Translate, convert from English to another language, then the converted text back to English.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Chinglish tranzizzled:

1. Usin rechargeable struttie-talkie fo' tha first time, please charge fo' 16 hours.
2. Turn off yo' computa before removin tha battery.
3. Please do not use hand ta pick up tha antenna, hold tha antenna will affect tha effectizzle wireless intercom call range.
4. Use tha struttie-talkie, you should keep it vertical distizzle of 5.0 ta 7.0 cm, n' keep yo' face.
5. Please try ta use while rollin handsfree speaker n' tha closin lyrics.
6. Keep yo' intercom televizzles, computa monitors n' other screen ta maintain a gangbangin' finger-lickin' distizzle pimped outa than 10cm, ta avoid bein magnetized.
7. Da interphone Do thangs together wit other metal-containin storage.
8. Walkie-talkies may interfere wit some hearin aids, git yo' hearin aid manufacturer ta say bout alternatives.
9. Try ta place up in tha medicinal struttie-talkie off, so as not ta affect tha use of medicinal shizzle.
10. Do not use up in airports n' on aircraft. If so, prohibited rollin tha hoopty ta tha side of tha road n' then.
11. In potentially explosive areas must remain shut down, unless it is dedicated intercom messed up areas (for example, Factory Mutual, CAS, or UL certified).

Here are some reminders I read on a Chinese radio seller's site:

the legitimate use of green and healthy. Walkie Talkie the Green public radio, can completely relieve your worries!

1. Using rechargeable walkie-talkie for the first time, please charge for 16 hours.
  2. Turn off your computer before removing the battery.
  3. Please do not use hand to pick up the antenna, hold the antenna will affect the effective wireless intercom call range.
  4. Use the walkie-talkie, you should keep it vertical distance of 5.0 to 7.0 cm, and keep your face.
  5. Please try to use while driving handsfree speaker and the closing words.
  6. Keep your intercom televisions, computer monitors and other screen to maintain a distance greater than 10cm, to avoid being magnetized.
  7. The interphone Do things together with other metal-containing storage.
  8. Walkie-talkies may interfere with some hearing aids, with your hearing aid manufacturer to discuss alternatives.
  9. Try to place in the medical walkie-talkie off, so as not to affect the use of medical equipment.
  10. Do not use in airports and on aircraft. If so, prohibited driving the car to the side of the road and then.
  11. In potentially explosive areas must remain shut down, unless it is dedicated intercom dangerous areas (for example, Factory Mutual, CAS, or UL certified).
Omigosh!!! That was great!

I don't want to make fun of anyone's grasp of the language (a lot of people don't know it, but English wasn't my first language), what I'll never figure out is why, since there is so much at stake in terms of potential sales, these manufacturers or representatives don't make some investment in getting a native English speaker to come up with a list for them. I could be wrong, but if you want to sell in a market, you need to do your due diligence and not appear like a bad stereotype.

fornax

Going to pay special attention to rule 4, as I definitely want to keep my face.

And I'm curious about this "interphone". I don't know what it is, but if they need beta testers, I'm in.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Omigosh!!! That was great!

I don't want to make fun of anyone's grasp of the language (a lot of people don't know it, but English wasn't my first language), what I'll never figure out is why, since there is so much at stake in terms of potential sales, these manufacturers or representatives don't make some investment in getting a native English speaker to come up with a list for them. I could be wrong, but if you want to sell in a market, you need to do your due diligence and not appear like a bad stereotype.

I have often wondered the same thing. Hire a "poor college student" to write your manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.