Davidson county on viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

REVREID

Any one know if Davidson county is switching to viper? They are doing ambulance to hospital now on viper. I have been hearing technicians on their viper site. I know they are in a deal with Motorola for new equipment. I live in the county,but have no info. Anyone knowing anything would be appreciated.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if this helps... But a while back I heard some traffic on the Davidson County Tactical channel on VIPER. I also am wondering when they will switch over.

Also, can you hear traffic on the Welcome VIPER Tower after they switched to 700MHz? For some reason I can't even though I can receive the Control Channel.

Thanks!
IcomIcR20

Last edited:

REVREID

Thanks

Dont mean to give a silly reply, but,my main computer is down,so I haven't updated my home patrol In a while. I don't know what towers I am receiving.i hope I can receive welcome,but I have no clue.please let me know if you find out anything about Davidson county.who knows what they are up to.thanks and sorry I could not help you further

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I know I've heard fairgrove on Davidson tac some but I imagine it's because they have viper for use with randolph. I know South Davidson also has a few viper radios for mutual aid as well. I think the county meeting is Tuesday night. I'll post if I hear anything about it.

REVREID

Thanks

Thank you.i heard thomasville city fire say that they had viper ,so it may just be a matter of time.i know fairgrove does,so as to communicate with Randolph county.the county is on VHF,and UHF,so I guess it's time for them to arrive in the 21st century l o l

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Well viper has its perks but I sure miss those cheap cheap vhf radios hahaha

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I got the Welcome tower working. If you haven't already, you can read my thread about it so you can get that tower working if it isn't working for you.

If I get more info on Davidson I will let you know.

IcomIcR20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.