Derailment Recovery Company Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone compiled the various nationwide derailment company frequencies, such as R J Corman, Hulcher, or Herzog. I have seen low band whips on some R J Corman vehicles, but have not been able to find the frequencies. Thanks to anyone, who can help.

W3DMV

Confirming "Hulcher" is still active on their 43 Mhz frequencies as listed. They have
a location on the east side of town, and I often hear chatter.
Real impressive operation when their convoys roll thru town en route to a
job location. Some of the biggest dozers and other heavy equipment I've
ever seen...

QDP2012

A link to this thread has been added to the Railroad RR Wiki page, so more people can learn about this.

Thanks for sharing.

railrob

R. J. Corman

As an FYI, the Corman division out of Selkirk NY uses 160.845 as a coordination/chit chat channel when moving in convoy. I used to keep that channel in my office scanner and would catch them on the Mass Pike moving to a derailment or traction motor change out.

Nasby

As an FYI, the Corman division out of Selkirk NY uses 160.845 as a coordination/chit chat channel when moving in convoy. I used to keep that channel in my office scanner and would catch them on the Mass Pike moving to a derailment or traction motor change out.

Same thing in Northern Ohio. RJC uses 160.845 to coordinate moves at the scene of a derailment or new construction site.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Did you have frequencies to report?

We are aware that railroads use outside resources for derailment situations, and your report should direct us to the "lead information" of those companies and their confirmed frequency information on Metro North .

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
A fellow 'scannist' recently confirmed Hulcher Railroad Services (KCT466) using 43.04 MHz 136.5 PL.

Confirming "Hulcher" is still active on their 43 Mhz frequencies as listed. They have
a location on the east side of town, and I often hear chatter.
Real impressive operation when their convoys roll thru town en route to a
job location. Some of the biggest dozers and other heavy equipment I've
ever seen...

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a list of companies that operate in New York City?

The only company would be Cranemasters out of their Taneytown, MD office for CSX in the Bronx/Queens. Amtrak and MTA systemwide (NYCT, LIRR, MNCW) do their own wreck/recovery work. NJTransit in the city is handled by Amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.