BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Sharing files between Uniden scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
Once I get the info formatted that I'd like to scan, can I copy and share my favorite files, systems, departments, etc between my BCD996P2, My HP-2 and my BCD436HP so I don't always have to individually amend them? Any tips for minimizing the workload? I use BUTEL software for all three.

Terry

captclint

Mentor
I don't believe there is any way to directly share between those scanners. However, Butel allows a complete copy of entire conventional system groups. If you have all 3 programs open, you should be able to paste between them. The only problem might be that the column information may not be in the same exact order. In which case, you might have to copy/paste each column separately.. You can also copy/paste trunk system freq's and TGID's You can also export to CSV files, and rearrange the columns in excel. Butel will accept a paste from excel. In general, there are usually only 4 columns of interest anyway: Freq, Alpha tags, PL, and any PL lockouts, so there really wouldn't be much rearrangement at all.

Last edited:

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks Clint. Exactly what I was hoping for. Cut and paste between the scanner software is what I liked about Butel. I am very comfortable with rearranging the columns in Excel as I do that every day at work.

Happy listening.

Terry

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also bear in mind that the HP series scanners have a Service Type field in each row of data and the x96 series scanners do not.

Lastly the fields for Tone Squelch are different between the two formats (x96/HP). For example, a PL tone of 151.4 would be "151.4" in the x96 and in the HP format it is "CTCSS 151.4Hz".

Probably will add a few steps to process, but not insurmountable.

Voyager

There is an Excel utility which will 'translate' between FreeScan and Sentinel to allow what you want. The original goes from the former to the latter. I built one that reverses it, but FreeScan does not use the Windows Clipboard, so there is no way to paste into Freescan. The utility works great, but is crippled by the EZ-Grab field limitations.

daveharpe

Once I get the info formatted that I'd like to scan, can I copy and share my favorite files, systems, departments, etc between my BCD996P2, My HP-2 and my BCD436HP so I don't always have to individually amend them? Any tips for minimizing the workload? I use BUTEL software for all three.
Terry

With the two versions of Sentinel for your HP2 and 436HP you can move favorites lists between the two using the export/import .hpe files function. Doesn't help with your 996 but you can keep the two Homepatrol units in sync this way.

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
With the two versions of Sentinel for your HP2 and 436HP you can move favorites lists between the two using the export/import .hpe files function. Doesn't help with your 996 but you can keep the two Homepatrol units in sync this way.

Thanks very much, Dave.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.