Covering Mayfield and Willoughby Hills in Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I just moved into Cuyahoga County Ohio near cleveland, and am living in Willoughby Hills. I want to cover police and fire in and around Willoughby Hills and Mayfield. Do I just need to listen to Heights-Hillcrest PD frequencies and fire frequencies listed in the database, or are there additional frequencies I should also be listening to, as i only have conventional channels programmed, and im not sure what region Willoughby Hills is in.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
First welcome to North East Ohio! Mayfield Hts PD is the only dept that still uses conventional UHF frequencies. You can also monitor Mayfield Village, Highland Hts and Lyndhurst PD. There are 3 frequencies you will need to program and you can find them under the Heights/Hillcrest section in the database. The FD’s in that area as well as Willoughby Hills are in the Ohio MARCS-IP section.

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
Willoughby Hills is in Lake County, so it's part of the Lake County MARCS-IP (P25) trunked system. See the RRDB database for info on specific frequencies and talk group IDs. Just a suggestion, but you might consider listening to Euclid; lots of crime there. Euclid is part of the Cuyahoga County MARCS-IP system.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Got it all setup. Do any of the local fire departments tone out? If so anyone know the tones?

If your in the Willoughby Hills/Mayfirld area, put in 46.14, 46.36, 46.20, 154.430, 46.08, 46.40, 424.350 And 154.190, those should cover all the fire departments in Lake, Geauga and the Heights/Hillcrest region that tone out (reception depending of course)

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I’d also add to Firefox89 list 154.04 that’s a rebroadcast of EastComs and S.Euclids FD’s Marc’s dispatches and maybe 425.300 that’s a fire ground freq for Beachwood and maybe Mayfield though I have not heard in awhile.

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
KR0490 if your scanner can't receive trunked (P25) signals you're gonna miss most of the action.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
So does Mayfield village and Mayfield heights PD use the height so Hillcrest common channels? Are they using the conventional or the marcs ip channels. I just want to make sure I am getting their traffic.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
So if you say that Mayfield Heights is the only one still using conventional UHF, are they using the Heights/Hillcrest conventional channels in the database, and are they the only ones using those channels. If they have their own channels, I don't see them in the database.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Firefox89 gave me some channels to monitor for tone outs, but i have not heard any tone outs other than for Willoughby, and Wiloughby Hills. Does Mayfield Vilage or Mayfield Heights have audible tone outs. If so, what channel do they tone out on?

Second, there are like 5 Hillcrest channels other than the dispatch channel. Are each of these channels used for a specific department, because when they dispatch they then go to one of the other channels for the details. Are they designated for departments, or used collectively by all the departments.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide!

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Willoughby and Willoughby hills are on the lake county MARCS Ip system, they only tone out on low band. The Hillcrest area FD all alert stations via IP line besides gates mills (volunteer FD) but all radio traffic is on the Hillcrest north channel.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Also, you are close to Geauga county, which their fire units also dispatch on the 46.XX freqs, but they are on the Marcs ip system as well for radio traffic. I live in willoughhy if you want to meet up and talk if you need to.

kf8yk

Do any local departments (CuyCo, Geauga specifically) tone out on 46.4 or 46.46?

Geauga County dispatch simulcasts most fire alerting on 46.14, 46.40, 46.02, and 46.08. Exceptions are Auburn & Bainbridge who have VHF high band pagers.

Chardon dispatch only has 46.14, so if the Chardon PSAP dispatches a call in the city only 46.14 is used. If the County dispatches a Chardon call then it's heard on all four low band frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.