2007 Tacoma Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
New custom console in my 2007 Tacoma, holds 3 radios, light/siren control, 2 spots for dome lights and 4 speakers. All radios are remote mounted behind the rear seat.

Radios :
XTL5000 UHF
TK-790H VHF
TK-690H VHF-Low
Astro Spectra W3 head

2a9786f.jpg

69qj3n.jpg

2q8r8kz.jpg

8z3fo9.jpg

cmdrwill

Where did you get the overhead console?

I like it except for the mighty fine junk speakers...

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Where did you get the overhead console?

I like it except for the mighty fine junk speakers...

I don't know about the OP but I have had very good results out of the MFJ ClearTone speakers, personally. Guess it just boils down to preference.

wd9cms

Thats a great way to have full view and access to a lot of equipment in a vehicle with really (like most of vehicles today) no place to mount equipment. Great work and its given me some ideas for mounting additional equipment in my truck. How did you attach the console to the roof of the truck?

Thanks.

Bill

FLMedia

SEXY. Did they do the install or did you? Where are your mics? Or do you only Tx on the one radio?

Thank you! I helped with the install at their shop 1 Saturday. I still need to get a remote cable for the xtl5000 mic and for the TK790 and TK690 i might hook them both to an intercom to use with headsets. Mainly use them both for offroad races and desert weekend trips. The xtl5000 will be used around town on a daily basis for GMRS and other photographer repeater systems.

FLMedia

Thats a great way to have full view and access to a lot of equipment in a vehicle with really (like most of vehicles today) no place to mount equipment. Great work and its given me some ideas for mounting additional equipment in my truck. How did you attach the console to the roof of the truck?

Thanks.

Bill

Thank you and glad I could help others out.. We used self tappers in the rear and some bolts in the front and middle that go through the frame of the roof.

FLMedia

Do you happen to a have a picture of where your lights are mounted?

Sorry it took me soo long to get some photos of the light setup, but here they are. Still have to add more to the front and thinking of doing the 4 corners with some Feniex canons dual color.
I have 3 mini phantoms, 1 white/amber in front. 1 on each side which are both ambers. Rear are 2 Maxxima ambers on the bumper and a STL traffic advisor in the rear window
k0njg2.jpg

2j3h1lx.jpg

e5kx0k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.