PUBLIC SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I pass by trucker's that are pulled over by public service all the time. I have my scanner programed for the D.O.T. but I do not receive any communication from them. I can not see a listing for Public Service in the WV data base. So, is there any information I am over looking or are these frequencies not listed. I have looked on the WV trunk system's and conventional. I have the entire D.O.T. system for WV programed in. Can any one help me?

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Public Service

It was not the State Police for sure. The trucker's were calling them Public Service on the radio. Even if it were the D.O.T I did not pick them up any at all. I have all the repeaters in for the area and everything for the D.O.T for the entire WV programed in. I even have a wild card search going at the same time I am scanning the D.O.T What am I doing wrong or missing here. By the way thank you for your quick response. I have tried to figure out what I am doing wrong and I have tried everything I know to do. Please remember I have not been at this to long that is why I am asking for any help I can get. Thank you so much for trying to help me.

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Could be these:

WV Dept of Interstate Commerce ( WVIC ) Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag

9380 24a4 D WVIC PrimDsp Primary Dispatch Transportation
9381 24a5 D WVIC Reg 1 Region 1 Transportation
9382 24a6 D WVIC Reg 2 Region 2 Transportation
9383 24a7 D WVIC Reg 3 Region 3 Transportation
9384 24a8 D WVIC Reg 4 Region 4 Transportation

Last edited:

gambill1

I do belive Bubba 1661 is right. If it is the silver cars with the outline of the state and a gold strip going down the side than that is them. I have been pulled over by them twice in 3 months. No violations, just a equipment check and paper work check. I drive a 18 foot box truck and he said trucks like the one I drive fall through the cracks as to being checked regularly. Both times I have been pulled over they explained why and were polite about it.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
They are the silver cars. Thank each and every one of you for helping me once again. Thank you Bubba for the information. I am learning a lot from each and every one. Have a Blessed Day and God Bless.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
82557, The picture is what I am speaking of. I just program the information Bubba had gave and I hope to hear them soon. I see them all the time and I did not know they were under a different list than D.O.T. It is so good to have friends that can help me to grow in this hobby as from time to time it seems to change almost every year. It sure has come a long way from the crystal scanner's I use to have. This old man is sure thankful for the great help you all have given. I hope perhaps some day I can offer the same help back. Right now though it seems that I am still in catch up mode. Who says old dogs can not learn new tricks. L.O.L.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I'm willing to say they are using the Turnpike talkgroups. I see them by Exit 48 and down around the 51 mile marker on I-77. On SIRN never pick them up on those talkgroups (9380-9384).

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
They regularly use the Turnpike talk groups even when on I64E and 19N. I hear them on occasion.
Harry

gambill1

When I go to Beckley, Summersville and places like that I have the cruise control set 1 to 2 miles below the speed limit. People want to pass me so be it. I am not speeding to get my stuff done. Not worth it.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I have the turnpike frequencies program in with the information Bubba had given. So far I have not received anything on the public service on anything so far.. I think Voyager has a in one of his post is right. Maybe they are not using the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.