BCD436HP GPS antenna Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

I'm considering purchasing the Uniden GPS antenna set up for my 436HP, however, the add in scanner master lists several Uniden models except the 436/536HP models. Does this antenna system work on the HP series radios? Is there anyone who uses the GPS antenna on their 436HP? Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The BC GPSK should work with the 436 - there have been other posts saying this.

I'm at a loss on why this isn't mentioned on the Scannermaster page. I got my BC GPSK from Scannermaster and use it on my 536.

Tramagod

Unless I mis-read the add, it mentions several Uniden models except the 436/536. I jut didn't want to spend the money on something I couldnn't use.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I'm unsure about is whether the appropriate cable to connect to the 436 is included or has to be ordered separately. You may wish to search other threads to see if this has come up before (I think it may have).

I'm sure a call to Scannermaster, or whichever dealer you prefer, would clear the up for certain.

Voyager

The 436 uses the same cable as the previous portable models. It's a Uniden semi-proprietary connector on one side and a DB-9 on the other. It's called a Uniden GPS cable. You can also use a programming cable with a gender-changer/null-modem adapter.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I have United GPS unit and using the serial cable for my 396xt. I can use it with the 436hp.
It works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.