Help needed LA - Rosemead area

Status
Not open for further replies.

f40ph

Feed Provider
My dept is receiving interference via one of our repeater input frequencies 158.8875. The morse code callsign coming through with the interference is "KFX343/R" which is the City of Rosemead's output freq. 158.895. We are pursuing direct contact with their radio licensee contact via our radio division.

Here's the strange part: the RR database shows them using DPL466 on their repeater not CTCSS/PL. Yet our sites are all CTCSS input. Is there anyone in the LA basin area that can monitor their freq and confirm whether they are still using DPL as noted in the database or if they've changed to CTCSS/PL? if so, which one are they using?

This will ultimately help me determine which of our sites are receiving their signal and passing through our repeater into our system. Ultimately we can simply change an input PL on our side or they can change their output.

ecps92

Check your Remote sites, see if the Tech's disabled the PL (it happens) at the site

You should be able to sit /monitor the comparator to see which site is getting the hit

My dept is receiving interference via one of our repeater input frequencies 158.8875. The morse code callsign coming through with the interference is "KFX343/R" which is the City of Rosemead's output freq. 158.895. We are pursuing direct contact with their radio licensee contact via our radio division.

Here's the strange part: the RR database shows them using DPL466 on their repeater not CTCSS/PL. Yet our sites are all CTCSS input. Is there anyone in the LA basin area that can monitor their freq and confirm whether they are still using DPL as noted in the database or if they've changed to CTCSS/PL? if so, which one are they using?

This will ultimately help me determine which of our sites are receiving their signal and passing through our repeater into our system. Ultimately we can simply change an input PL on our side or they can change their output.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Check your Remote sites, see if the Tech's disabled the PL (it happens) at the site

You should be able to sit /monitor the comparator to see which site is getting the hit

Yes, this very thing was discussed yesterday. They're just short handed and don't have time to sit and watch it. The plan is to catch them on the phone during the interference and if they're on the compound, they'll go over there and take a look. I was just trying to research it via "plan B" in case it doesn't work out.

ecps92

How about save some time, Call the suspect Dept and ask them to do a 20 Count and watch the comparator

Sounds like your in it for the Long-Drawn out haul of interference
a.) If they are on the compound... ugh

Yes, this very thing was discussed yesterday. They're just short handed and don't have time to sit and watch it. The plan is to catch them on the phone during the interference and if they're on the compound, they'll go over there and take a look. I was just trying to research it via "plan B" in case it doesn't work out.

scottyhetzel

jazzbass is located in Temple City which is just North of you by a few miles...he also on broadcastify... PM him.

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
Happen to catch some activity. Using my RTL stick, wasn't exactly 158.895, I had SDR# at 158.892.459, which I'll chalk up to inaccuracy of the stick.

No CTCSS tone in use.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Yes, I have access to the FCC ULS thank you. Just trying to confirm they're still using DPL466. City Hall contact doesn't know and we're waiting to hear back on a contact that can do some testing. Had hopes that RR folks in the area could speed up confirming PL vs DPL.

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
Thank you for the info. I copy no CTCSS... how about CDCSS / DPL?

Sorry, I'm a non-radio guy. I had the SDR# plugin for CTCSS loaded, so I just parked it on the freq. Heard activity but saw no indication of tone.

Just downloaded the DCS (not sure if that's the same as CDCSS) decoder and will monitor.

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
So this is what the DCS decoder displayed:
bETxK4V.png

Status
Not open for further replies.