BC796D: 800 mhz p-25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
What does it take to monitor an 800mhz 9600 baud p-25 system ? My scanner has the newest firmware from 2009. Do you still have to enter the rebanding tables in the custom 800 selection ? Or can you just enter the CC and go from there ??

THANX !!

Voyager

P25 systems don't need tables and are not affected by rebanding other than the change in frequencies for some systems. Just enter the control channels and that will do.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I t depends what kind of P25 system you want to monitor. I have a BC796D I retired at home and use at work. I have no problems listening to the New Jersey State Police Fish and Game wardens. The FDMA and as far as I know they are the only units on the NJSP 800 MHz trunk system that use P25 Phase I. If you want to listen to P25 Phase II your going to have to spend, actually quite a bit, a bit of money.

Here is the RR Wiki page covering APCO P25:

APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Voyager

The 796 will monitor a P25 Phase II system that has at least one radio on the TG that is not capable of Phase II. If the TG is Phase II, you will need a scanner that supports Phase II like the BCD536HP or HP-2.

There are also a couple of implicit P25 systems out there that need the bandplans loaded, but those are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.