Uniden BCD536HP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsanchor

Premium Subscriber
Hey friends,

I'm having a problem updating my scanner. I want to check to see if the firmware needs updating, and I also want to update the Master HPDB.

When I hook the USB from my computer to the scanner, the update attempt fails.

A pop-up window appears saying, "Updating unit failed. Operation is canceled. The remote name code not be resolved: 'ftp.homepatrol.com'

Can anybody help me figure out what's going on? I have never seen this happen before.

Thanks.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Use Sentinel

Do all your updates in the sentinel program. Firmware and database can be updated thru sentinel.

Voyager

Make sure you are using the latest version of Sentinel.

If you are, try lowering your internet security settings, DL the updates, then raise your settings again.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I'm off base here, but if I recall correctly aren't there separate versions of Sentinel? Don't the Home Patrol units need a different flavor of Sentinel vs. the x36 units? Perhaps the OP is attempting to use the Home Patrol version to program his 536? I don't have a HP unit, so apologies if this is inaccurate.

Voyager

Correct - there is the HomePatrol Sentinel and there is the x36 Sentinel. But that would not throw an FTP error.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Are you running an hardware firewall on a corporate network a lot of times firewalls will block ftp commands also what os are you running true windows or are you running a virtual windows.

sportsanchor

Premium Subscriber
How do I know if I have the latest version of Sentinel? I bought this scanner brand new last July. I have been checking firmware and updating the master HPDB every month since, but for some reason, May 2015, it won't allow me to do it.

Is there a way to update Sentinel and not wipe out all of my freqs?
Right now, I can't do anything.

UPMan???

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The remote name code not be resolved: 'ftp.homepatrol.com' This is telling you your internet domain name server is not seeing the ftp site or you have some type of firewall blocking your request.
Please answer the questions in post 6 we have no idea about your computer setup without you telling us.

budevans

How do I know if I have the latest version of Sentinel? I bought this scanner brand new last July. I have been checking firmware and updating the master HPDB every month since, but for some reason, May 2015, it won't allow me to do it.

Is there a way to update Sentinel and not wipe out all of my freqs?
Right now, I can't do anything.

UPMan???

sportsanchor,

Open Sentinel (click on) Help (click on) About. Should be version 1.03 (revision 01) also shown as 1.03.01

If you have an earlier version then use the following link to download the new version.
BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

sportsanchor

Premium Subscriber
Hey Bud,

I was never made aware of the Sentinel software upgrade.
That was most definitely the issue.
How can I find out about these in the future?

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.