Rocky Mountain Airshow 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9LMJ

Rocky Mountain Airshow Portal | Colorado Sport Aviation

Looks like the airshow this year is going to be at Aurora Res. The NOTAMs on the website are from 2013 for Metro. Does anyone know if Buckley is going to be used this year for military aircraft, or if Metro is still the main airport?

Also, let's kick off the frequencies for this year! I live rather close and will log Friday night, but does anyone have the Thunderbirds or any of the other performers for this year?

Thanks!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The Tbirds will launch and recover at BKF. Any static aircraft will be at the reservoir. Everyone is expected to sit around the reservoir to watch the show and provide food for the mosquitoes.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
"Everyone is expected to sit around the reservoir..." Not good news. That location should drain 'em faster than a Red Cross Blood Bank. Bring on the DEET for THAT air show.

Hadn't been keeping track. How it wind up back in Aurora (vs. Broomfield) after almost 20 years? Too many suburban locals complaining about noise?

KB9LMJ

Thunderbirds practicing today. Haven't gotten logging up yet, but able to confirm-

-235.250 AM aerial maneuvers
-121.000/291.675 AM BKF Tower (Using UHF)
-121.600/275.800 AM BKF Ground (Using UHF)
-141.175 AM A/A VHF

-141.075 AM is listed as A/A but not able to confirm activity on that today, thinking they are using 141.175 as stated above.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
More possible airshow freqs

I have posted a longer list of freqs to monitor, provided by Jim N0LBH, on my website, EVENTS. I'd be glad to hear of any other freqs or info to add to this list.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
I'm going up to Cheyenne Frontier Days in July & the Thunderbirds will be performing. Will they use the same frequencies or different ones? Does anyone know them if they will be different or who would I contact?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Rocky Mountain Air Show

Air Boss 120.425 MHz
T-Birds 322.25 Solos
Couldn't confirm the diamond formation...

Attachments

• Rky-Mtn-Airshow-T-Birds-5-29-15-9.jpg
    Rky-Mtn-Airshow-T-Birds-5-29-15-9.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,313
  • Rky-Mtn-Airshow-T-Birds-5-29-15-13.jpg
    Rky-Mtn-Airshow-T-Birds-5-29-15-13.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,300

KB9LMJ

120.425 Air Boss
122.850 TAC 5
120.200 FTG Tower
123.450 Armenians

More to follow...

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Rocky Mountain Air Show

I confirmed the above frequenices as well. It appears to me that 122.85 MHz is the 'Tac 5' freq for the Colorado Renegades flying group as well as the Unicom freq for Front Range Airport...

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Rocky Mountain Air Show

Someone told me that they stopped charging for parking and Aurora PD took over the parking, waving everybody in just to get them parked... Somehow I don't feel bad about not being out there today!

eyes00only

It was mess a but the Thunderbirds were awesome. Terrible planning and location. The Aurora police did a great job, all things considered. Didn't monitor a lot but do add Red SE.
Saw FRS radios on some staff. Only static (out of 3) that was good was the Medevac chopper.

JK

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
I'm going up to Cheyenne Frontier Days in July & the Thunderbirds will be performing. Will they use the same frequencies or different ones? Does anyone know them if they will be different or who would I contact?

From my past experiences, the T-birds use most of the same freqs here as other shows. If I can get off of work this year for the practice, I'll try to update you all. In past years, they've used the standard Victor and Uniform channels.

The spouse said I can buy a new portable soon as well. I've always been a Uniden guy so I'm looking at the BCD396XT.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Broomfield Airshow This Week End

I posted an inquiry on the Military Monitoring Forum about the air to air freq for the Heritage Flight this week end in Broomfield between the Shaw AFB F-16 and a P-51... Maybe the Air Boss freq as well...?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
For some reason, it sounds like a small band of Jeffco SO units are doing something at the Rocky Metro Airport on Blue NW, even though Broomfield PD is covering the airshow on their own ops channel, and the Airport is NOT IN JEFFERSON COUNTY! I think I even heard a Jeffco Dispatcher on Blue NW. Also, North Metro Fire Units are operating on the Airport Emergency Channel (for routine event coverage). What is going on here? Which agencies are using Blue NW?

Last edited:

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Jeffco S/O Units At BJC

I saw both Broomfield PD and Jeffco units working the ramp at the airport while I was out there today. I'm thinking the airport is still Jeffco responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.